Derby Portfolio

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm gonna start building my portfolio over the weekend. Have $1,000 to invest.

$100 Dan and Sheila @ 75-1 or better (Reminds me of the the money I wasted on Ron the Greek)
$100 Stirred Up (The Baffert joint) @ 100-1 or better
$100 Algorithms @ 50-1 (Is that wishing, we saw the crush, is he 20-1 now?)
$100 El Padrino @ 100 or better
$100 Drill @ Something reasonable. Has the $$$, just fucking rest this head-case.
$100 Fly Lexis Fly @ 50-1 or better (dumb bet, as are most) but a cool story - and only one goal with this colt. Plus he's gone 12F (and won a G1) @ 2YO WTF?
$100 Fed BIz try to get 150-1 here. Look like a real horse.
$100 Blingo @ 200-1 (I wanna check the healtha nd plans with this one first)

DC Fix my prices and give me 2 live ones homeboy.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Blingo isn't anywhere near 200/1. Think he's listed in the 50/1 area right now.

As for Fly Lexis Fly, I'm more than a little concerned. Haven't heard anything about him, he still hasn't recorded a single workout, and he's been on the grounds for a month now. Something's gotta be wrong with him.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Played Take Charge Indy at 100-1 a few weeks ago but after watching last weeks race not sure he will be able to handle the derby!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Played Take Charge Indy at 100-1 a few weeks ago but after watching last weeks race not sure he will be able to handle the derby!

He looked like he was going to win that race by 10 as they approached the turn.
    edited February 2012
    Thats what I was thinking until the other horse by him like he was standing still. MIght have needed the race who knows?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    As for Algorithms, he was listed @ 25/1 BEFORE he won the Holy Bull last weekend.

He's now listed @ 8/1.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    DC. Thanks for the updates. On Fly Lexis Fly too.

I was such a drunken mess all weekend, the only (sports book) bets I made were $2,500 ML Patriots, $500 Ocho over .5 -160, and $500 Patriots -2.5 Over 53.5 Parlay.

Had a blast at Sapphire (as usual), and it came down to a $2,500 hail mary for all the $$$. Glad I talked my self of a ledge. Funny (apparently, I was drunk and can't remember shit) was my stumbling up to a roulette table, trading a $100 chip for fives, and promptly betting all of them on the 11. Well it hits. Cha-ching.

Funnier even, my buddies really low-buget friend made one wager on the game - $20 that the first score of the game would be the Giants (scoring a) safety. I told him he might as well have torched his money. Boy was I wrong - I never saw the payout, but I imagine it was 200 or 400-1.

And finally, not sure if the matters, but I was playing cards with a young kid who worked for Aiden O'brien, and he gave me a horse for the BC futures. He said the connections were for sure sending the 3YO Montjeu colt Camelot (if healthy), but had not decided between Classic or Turf.
    edited February 2012
    Ocho 1 catch for 21 yards was enough! :)
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Ocho 1 catch for 21 yards was enough! :)

You put me on it. It only moved from OVER .5 -140 to -160 after he was declared a starter.