Kentucky Derby Future Wager (Pool One) begins tomorrow

2»

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, he likes Dirty across the board!!

At this time last year he had already crowned Uncle Mo the best ever!

I just saw a quote from Oaklawn where Jerry Hollandorfer said he was bringing Longview Drive to the Southwest Stakes on Feb 20 so he could show owner Winchell, what a great place OP is.

Is SA running on that Monday? It's President's Day. If not, I can only assume that Joel Rosario will come south for the mount. His last two at the Sham and the Delta Jackpot were better than looks 3rd's, and he is training very well!!!
  • LARRYKLARRYK Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    SA open on 2-20
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    thanks john for your thoughts. I love all of these jockey switches already...we still have a lot of races to go before the first saturday in may...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Is the Lemon Drop Kid colt, Stirred Up worth mention? Was Bodemeister too good? Joel too patient (Trevor even pointed it out)? Baffert playing games? I'm not sure, he looked average to me, but was never asked, and likely will run the Derby distance. Worth a shot in Vegas or over it guys?

I liked the look of Stirred Up in his debut, but i was disappointed by him this weekend. Looks like he'll appreciate more distance, but i'm never a fan of deep closers in the Derby, due to the traffic problems they create for themselves in that giant field (see Dialed In last year, for instance). And that appears to be Stirred Up's style right now. Besides, the late-January debut pretty much rules him out automatically. If you stick with the "Derby winner MUST have run as a 2yo" rule, then you haven't been wrong in literally about a hundred years. So a pretty useful rule-of-thumb there.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    jenroypa wrote: »
    anybody know who DRAYNAY likes? lol..

Creative Cause and Union Rags!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    In the end JJ will ride The Godfarther in the KY Derby!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    In the end JJ will ride The Godfarther in the KY Derby!!!!

So far, so good. Showed plenty of heart to match the talent.
    edited February 2012
    Horse name Fed Biz
    Notes my derby horsey
    Activity type Workout
    Activity date 02-29-2012
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 6 Furlongs
    Workout type Handily
    Workout time 1:13.40
    Track condition Fast
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I missed it like usual. The Field closed @ 3/2.

I ended up with El Padrino @ 16-1 (He'll be higher on Derby Day, shitty bet), Fed Biz @ 21/1 (It's whatever, this one looks the part for sure, no distance concerns either), and the field @ 3/2 to pay for my other two retarded bets. I just like to have something to follow.

BTW The Baffert 3YO filly looked awful good today. She's in the field.

The Godfarther will be nowhere 16/1 on Derby Day if the gods allow him to get in the gates. Looks like a solid wager now. I passes at those odds and will buy your ticket now for double your wager. You are guranteed a profit like all power companies!!!

fb
    edited February 2012
    Horse name Fed Biz
    Notes my derby horsey
    Activity type Workout
    Activity date 02-29-2012
    Track Santa Anita
    Surface Dirt
    Distance 6 Furlongs
    Workout type Handily
    Workout time 1:13.40
    Track condition Fast

3rd best of 12, and 2 ticks faster than Liaison, who I'm guessing he went with. Sir Allison also worked a slower 6F. Soon I'll know for sure.
    edited March 2012
    Fedbiz works at Santa Anita - YouTube

Older work, great video.
    edited March 2012
    Trail to the Derby- Fed Biz - YouTube

Bejarano: "This my Derby horse right here, Buddy."
    edited March 2012
    I liked the look of Stirred Up in his debut, but i was disappointed by him this weekend. Looks like he'll appreciate more distance, but i'm never a fan of deep closers in the Derby, due to the traffic problems they create for themselves in that giant field (see Dialed In last year, for instance). And that appears to be Stirred Up's style right now. Besides, the late-January debut pretty much rules him out automatically. If you stick with the "Derby winner MUST have run as a 2yo" rule, then you haven't been wrong in literally about a hundred years. So a pretty useful rule-of-thumb there.

Trail to the Derby- Bodemeister - YouTube

A few Baffert comments about Stirred Up after the race. He's the "other horse" talked about near the end.
    edited March 2012
    Trail to the Derby- Bodemeister - YouTube

A few Baffert comments about Stirred Up after the race. He's the "other horse" talked about near the end.

I guess he's alright Mr Baffert. He looked good - did get lazy when he hit the lead, but might be the grindy Derby type.