Random Risen Star Thoughts

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Well, here we are just two days away from another great prep race, and the whole community is sitting on hold wanting to see El Padrino. I have to admit, I'm excited as well, especially with the chance of moisture in Nawlins. IMO, if anyone wants to go out and run with him early, or even go in front, they will pay for it late. I know we go through this every year with the current NOW horse, and usually the NOW horse never makes it to the Derby, but this 111 Bris rating looks like a serious racehorse. I wish him well!

Afford, 8-1, is lightly raced but in his last, just two weeks ago or so, this homebred Tafel monster was wide every step of the way and still came on late to beat a pretty good group. Should benefit from a battle up front.

Optimizer, 6-1, is a up and down type, but right now he looks like he is on the up side. Been firing in the A.M. and chooses this much harder race over the Southwest, and Lucas wanted him to go longer than the Southwest mile sprint. This is a serious racehorse who is bred to run all day, but he needs to step it up now if he is going to have $$$ to get to Ky.

Shared Property, 6-1, is one of these Scat Daddy offspring, who haqve been winning everwhere. Was hung out wide in last, and draws outside again on Saturday, but has a very good late speed fig.

Russian Entry, 30-1, why not?

Random thoughts indeed! I better wait on word from FB!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I'll be on Shared Property as I fear El Padrino will be even money.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Well, here we are just two days away from another great prep race, and the whole community is sitting on hold wanting to see El Padrino. I have to admit, I'm excited as well, especially with the chance of moisture in Nawlins. IMO, if anyone wants to go out and run with him early, or even go in front, they will pay for it late. I know we go through this every year with the current NOW horse, and usually the NOW horse never makes it to the Derby, but this 111 Bris rating looks like a serious racehorse. I wish him well!

Afford, 8-1, is lightly raced but in his last, just two weeks ago or so, this homebred Tafel monster was wide every step of the way and still came on late to beat a pretty good group. Should benefit from a battle up front.

Optimizer, 6-1, is a up and down type, but right now he looks like he is on the up side. Been firing in the A.M. and chooses this much harder race over the Southwest, and Lucas wanted him to go longer than the Southwest mile sprint. This is a serious racehorse who is bred to run all day, but he needs to step it up now if he is going to have $$$ to get to Ky.

Shared Property, 6-1, is one of these Scat Daddy offspring, who haqve been winning everwhere. Was hung out wide in last, and draws outside again on Saturday, but has a very good late speed fig.

Russian Entry, 30-1, why not?

Random thoughts indeed! I better wait on word from FB!

Wont touch El padrino..
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    FB

What's the story on this Russian Trainer, Dorochenko, he only seems to enter two horse entries.

I didn't even know they raced in Russia. I know they race in GB, Ireland, France, Germany, and Turkey, but never heard about Russia. Where was I when they ran the Ukraine Derby , St. Petersburg Preakness, and the Bellarus Belmont?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Just wanted to remind everyone, that filly i was so high on in her debut a few weeks ago (Morrow Cove) came back out of her second-place finish to work heads-up with El Padrino last week. She's not entered this weekend (just checked), but could turn up at any time. Perhaps going long, i would suspect...