Saturday Selections

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
No big prices here, but some who should be very competitive.

Aqueduct 4th---#2 Social Saul, 5/2, been working like a beast and Contessa goes to Johnny V. after getting a shitty ride last out from Ramon, who Gary said had him in a fuckin choke hold the entire backstretch. Expect Saul to be sent today and play catch me if you can!

Aqueduct 9th--Tom Fool Stakes, 4 & up 6furlongs.
Donnie Von Hemel does not ship to New York, unless, he has a very live horse. $200k purse is very attractive and this BC champ has been turning heads at Oaklawn Park in the mornings. Von Hemel said not to worry about needing a race, this one is ready to fire, and the Repole/TAP and McLaughlin horses might help at the windows and we may get 5/2 or so? Don't be shy and don't leave the windows! Super heavy play for me today!

Aqueduct 10th---GOTHAM
One thing for sure
every horse in this race will get a good look at a big white ass for a long ways! Outside post hurts, but he should clear all early and settle in long before the first turn. I don't see any Algorythms in here today and don't think anyone will catch Hansen. Dan And Sheila lost a little time with a hoof problem, but he is fine now. His tardy start in the Lecomte cost him a top three finish as he was going best of all late. At 8-1, D&S is a bargain. My man Chris Grove has #4 Pretention, 20-1, who Chris thinks is a very, very, good horse and could surprise alot of bettors today at a big price. My good friends at Dogwood have the super-bred and expensive #8 Raconteur, 15-1, who is a plodder type but this race could set up well for his running style. He won't quit and distance is certainy not a problem. However, he probably fits better in a allowance of 3yos nw3, but there are none of those conditions out there!

#12 key over the 4--6--8

Gulfstream Park Race 3
Short field and a TAP favorite. Sets up perfect for #2 BIG SCREEN, 3-1.
Dogwood 3yo did not care for sealed track last out when running well behind El Padrino. Leparoux should sit a perfect stalking trip and come late going 1 1/8. This big gray out of Speightstown/Unbridled Song fillie is a monster who just keeps geting better with added distance. Old school trainer Frank Alexander is using this race as a prep for graded stakes races later this spring and has outside hopes of pulling off a big win to get to the big race. It starts TODAY!!! Another big play!

Gulfstream 8th---our 40-1 shot who ran second for us last month is back, but you won't get 40-1 again. 5-1 on #13 Margaret Lilian, but she has to draw into the race? If she draws in, do not leave her off your exotics, she is a late developing 3yo fillie who Contessa thinks is Saratoga Stakes bound!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Good luck today JG.

Aqueduct
    R9
    #4 Emcee (Win Only)
    Sorry JG! Last was just too impressive for me to pass up. This is his make or break. He either goes on to win impressively and we never see better than 3/2 or he falls apart at the sight of better company. I'll take a stab at the fresh meat.

R10
    #6 Dan and Shiela (WP)
    Pretty much exactly as you said it. I like Hansen as well, but absolutely no value whatsoever. That rail opened up in the stretch for Lecomte and this horse wins. Instead he loses precious time and ground steering 9 wide.

Santa Anita
    R9
    #8 Open Water (WP)
    Ok, I'm taking a flyer here. Eden's Moon and Reneesgotzip will take 50% of money bet and I can't take that low of a price on either. Even though they were both ultra impressive in last, Eden's Moon hasn't proven class and Renee hasn't proven distance yet.

R11
    #6 Twice the Appeal (WP)
    Wide open race here and not a single horse here would shock me. Twice the Appeal shows up big at the right times. The added distance should only help his cause here and should be in a good striking position. I'll be taking WP on him @ anything over 20-1. If he goes off below that, not worth the play.

Everyone enjoy their weekend and win some money!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Gl to you today FL!

Von Hemel knew early in the week that P.J. Campo was going to screw him on the weights. However, little did he know at the time what a screwing Caleb's Posse would get!

Emcee gets in carrying EIGHT (8) pounds less than CP. I usually do not consider weights at anything less than 4 lbs, but this 8 lbs is virtually unheard of in this day and age. Reminds me of circa Cigar days.

Nevertheless, Von Hemel camp down in Arkansas is confident that Caleb's Posse can handle the load.
    Should be one of the better races to watch this weekend.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Went The Day Well is running again @ Gulfstream today. He had worked with Table Three Ten prior to his American debut, and indeed ran well. Not sure how much value there'll be today, but shouldn't be too short, and should be pretty tough.
    edited March 2012
    Went The Day Well wins @ $4.00

Re: Dan and Sheila, his most recent drill came heads-up with Gemologist, an unbeaten (3-for-3) colt who was last seen winning the Kentucky Jockey Club @ Churchill. Have to like that.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Went The Day Well was the best $4.00 winner of the day. Made up a little on my Social Saul/Big Screen disaster.

I would like D&S alot more if he had not been so green in Lecomte. If he gets his mind right I think he can overtake Hansen, but I am not expecting that to happen.

Gemologist has had problems, not sure what, barn is tight lipped. He may appear next at Rebel Stakes, which will be a tough race to come back in.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Not a good day for me so far :surrender:
    edited March 2012
    Went The Day Well is running again @ Gulfstream today. He had worked with Table Three Ten prior to his American debut, and indeed ran well. Not sure how much value there'll be today, but shouldn't be too short, and should be pretty tough.

Motion is taking the Animal Kingdom route with this one....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68224/motion-looking-to-spiral-into-the-derby-again