any help is appreciated

SARATOGATESARATOGATE Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
going to be playing the ponies thur. through sun any plays would be appreciated i know there is no sure things but you guys do a lot better than i can thanks in advance post any picks in this thread so i can find them will be using the hotel comp. thanks again

Comments

• SARATOGATESARATOGATE Member
    edited March 2012
    will be checking it about 9 am each day
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I have a play tomorrow that i've been looking forward to for a while. Will post in the morning sometime.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I have a play tomorrow that i've been looking forward to for a while. Will post in the morning sometime.

Gulfstream or Santa Anita?
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I will try and help with New York.
    Best thing to do is listen to and read all posts and then compare with what you think on your own.
    I tend to sound a lot more like I know what I'm talking about then I actually do so take that into account if you're sold by something I post.
    My dear friend Gary has a great saying: "Your money, Your opinion",
    Good luck and have fun.
    edited March 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Gulfstream or Santa Anita?

Fair Grounds.
    edited March 2012
    No clue. Wilcox or Cheyenne's Pass look like the only two horses you could have been waiting for. I'm eagerly awaiting the pick.
    edited March 2012
    Just noticed there's been an interesting turn of events, which apparently took place sometime in the last few days. Probably not for the better, at least as far as price is concerned. Morning line hasn't been affected, but that's probably because it was published before this happened, and they couldn't go back and change it. The public-at-large will never know it happened though, so that's a positive.
    edited March 2012
    Let's go get the public's money then.
    edited March 2012
    No guarantees. Do suspect the horse will run well, but it's just an educated guess. Same as always.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    My picks are posted everyday...well before 9 A.M...please check me out...but as said above...YOUR MONEY...YOUR PICK...w2w
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    You will never succeed in this game if you just lean on others to make the picks for you. Unless you happen to have a best buddy who is a genius and who happily shares all his/her info with you. Success requires hard work and intelligence in order to beat that big vig. Even then, you are up against whales who make last second bets that turn overlays into underlays.

That all said, if you want to just sponge off other people, listen to Discreet Cat. He seems rather savvy.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    You will never succeed in this game if you just lean on others to make the picks for you. Unless you happen to have a best buddy who is a genius and who happily shares all his/her info with you. Success requires hard work and intelligence in order to beat that big vig. Even then, you are up against whales who make last second bets that turn overlays into underlays.

That all said, if you want to just sponge off other people, listen to Discreet Cat. He seems rather savvy.

Nothing wrong with betting a few plays of another handicapper while polishing your own skills. Sometimes other people have access to information you don't which makes an average play a huge one or a big play in to a no play. Handicapping is gathering information to make an informed gamble. No need to knock on the guy for asking for a few plays.
    edited March 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with betting a few plays of another handicapper while polishing your own skills. Sometimes other people have access to information you don't which makes an average play a huge one or a big play in to a no play. Handicapping is gathering information to make an informed gamble. No need to knock on the guy for asking for a few plays.

I spend hours handicapping every day, and I still look forward to DC's plays. I guess the point here is why would you go to a message board unless you were looking to "sponge" a little info (or act like DRAYTON).