Rebel Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Did not post on Friday, but I hope you saw our watch horse, Zapper Belle, who ran like her parents and paid $13.00 to win!

Baffert's Secret Circle is going to go off a heavy favorite, probably even money at best. Yet, he was tired at the end of one mile in the split division of the Southwest, and he will get plenty of action up front tomorrow. Secret Circle will probably hit the board, but think about a exotic play with the following:

Pee H Dee----looks as good as any horse working on the OP strip!

Jake MO----late runner is the real deal!

Najjaar---As good of a late runner as there is today! Belmont Stakes is the most likely Grade I win, but Rebel Stakes would be no surprise? Serious race horse who will fire late and a fast early pace is made to order. Should get a piece with bigger objectives ahead!

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I'm still upset about Zapper Belle. I bet her in the debut, and she ran so poorly, i stopped following her. Wish i had stuck with her a little longer.
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    John--- With Mike Pegram Coming In For This...it Could Be His Time.......i'm Using In The Top 3 Places....13 In Here...so They Aren't Scared Of 'secret Circle'....watch Assmans 'sabercat'....i Wish 'daddy Nose Best' Was Here.....
    But We Should See How The Track Is Favoring...spd Or Closers....
    Haven't Heard From Richard Camp...but Know 'mattress Mac' Is Going Today...
    Alot Of Spd...could Setup For The Closers

But...taking 'secret Circle'....across Small On 'sabercat...alot Of Boxing.....
    Using...8...with 7,1,11,5

Good Luck...still Skiing In This Wet Snow..warm For Colorado
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    asmuch as I would like, I just can't go against Secret Circle. All of his speed figure tower above the rest. I'm going to throw out Sabercat. Delta winners in that Jackpot have had a tough go of it. My super($1.00 for $40.00) reads like this:

8---4/6/9/11---1/3/6/11---1/6/11/12

At this point in time, I would be very surprised if the Kentucky Derby winner comes out of this race, but you never know?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    From what I can gather, #6 Jake Mo at 20-1, is a real player for minor rewards. You can see I've included him in all secondary spots, along with #11 Najjaar, who will be coming down the lane late and picking off horses like they're standing still!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I think Secret Circle will have his hands full with that local frontrunner once again.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm on Najaar hoping the pace collapses here