Princess Arabella.....not favored?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
2/1 on the morning line, with Glinda The Good (Asmussen) listed @ 9/5.

Please let it be so....

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Not so. I can't imagine this filly being only 5-1 to win the Kentucky Oaks, and 2-1 on Sunday. That being said, let's hope for even money.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Not so. I can't imagine this filly being only 5-1 to win the Kentucky Oaks, and 2-1 on Sunday. That being said, let's hope for even money.

Yea I'm hoping for 4/5 (its not often I can say that about a horse I plan on wagering on).
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    17 minutes to post she is 1 to 9 with 25000 out of 36000
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Forget fillies she might be the best 3 year old in the country,shes huge absolute beast.
    edited March 2012
    Easy as can be. I took her when she briefly hit 1/2 as they were approaching the gate. Unfortunately she went back down to 1/5 :thumbdown:

Either way though, she dazzled. The sure fire top Oaks contender.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Easy as can be. I took her when she briefly hit 1/2 as they were approaching the gate. Unfortunately she went back down to 1/5 :thumbdown:

Either way though, she dazzled. The sure fire top Oaks contender.

Flyin Late any chance in her facing the colts soon?
    edited March 2012
    Houdini wrote: »
    Flyin Late any chance in her facing the colts soon?

Well, I firmly believe its gonna depend more on Baffert's barn than it will anything else. Castaway did not run well and if Secret Circle and Bodemeister aren't successful in their next attempts I feel her odds of running in Derby would skyrocket. Either way, she looks entirely playable against the boys.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Well, I firmly believe its gonna depend more on Baffert's barn than it will anything else. Castaway did not run well and if Secret Circle and Bodemeister aren't successful in their next attempts I feel her odds of running in Derby would skyrocket. Either way, she looks entirely playable against the boys.

She's a monster. I bet the Pick-3 huge 7,11/3/1,3,6. I actually had to sweat a bit in the feature.

BTW, the video of Bode's 10 horse work is pretty amazing. He's serious for sure.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Contrary to what i had read earlier, it turn sout that the Sunland Oaks was not a graded race. So she still has zero graded earnings. No Derby for her, unless she somehow turns up in the Lexington or something.

Easy win, thought she looked pretty good. Too bad i couldn't bet her. Great job by the morning-line maker, lol.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I will take a stand against her in the KY Oaks, she hasn't beating anything to date. You all don't think On Fire Baby and a few other are as good? In her last race she only be 4 fillies, and I don't think at this time any of them have come back on won next out. Don't get me wrong I respect her and think she is going to be a top filly throughout this year. I don't see lighting in a bottle for Baffer again for this filly.

fb
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree she might make an interesting bet-against in the Oaks. That race won't prepare her well for the Oaks, as she didn't face much heat up front and the final time wasn't much. Let them pound her to odds on and maybe we'll look elsewhere.
    :drinking:
    edited March 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    I agree she might make an interesting bet-against in the Oaks. That race won't prepare her well for the Oaks, as she didn't face much heat up front and the final time wasn't much. Let them pound her to odds on and maybe we'll look elsewhere.
    :drinking:

This is exactly what I said about Plum Pretty. We all know how that ended up.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Plum Pretty was 6-1.
    edited March 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    Plum Pretty was 6-1.

Just comparing the similarity between their likely final prep race before Oaks. Beating lackluster competition, winning by ridiculous margin, etc. Plum Pretty simply didnt have the explosive maiden/allowance1 wins to supplement her.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Think Gabby's Golden Gal ran third in the Oaks coming out of Sunland a few years ago, as well. Of course, Rachel beat her by 20+ lengths, so not sure how relevant that is...