Oak Tree @ Santa Anita - Sunday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2018 in Horse Racing Forum
Looks like this'll be my last day of posting plays here, kids. I'm told my website (Default) will "definitely" be completed in the next day or two. Anyway, it's been fun posting the plays here, and i'll still be around to share some thoughts on the Breeders Cup races or whatever. Anyway, onto the picks...

Race 3

#6 Madame Kiawah (10/1 ml)

Class-drooper for Mullins has performed terribly in two career starts, but has really perked up since moving to the Santa Anita cushion track. Looks set to run a much-improved race here, and could surprise at a big price.

Race 4

#6 Guns on the Table (2/1 ml)

Talented colt here. He suffered thru a nightmare trip when adding blinkers for his second career start, and damn near won anyway. Was entered straight into a stakes at Fairplex and had the thing won until he started switching leads back-and-forth in the stretch, which allowed the winner Nene to run him down (he was still 5 lengths clear of the others). I'm guessing it was caused by the hairpin turns and ultra-steep banking, and Baffert also puts the blinkers back on here, which should help. Think he gets it done today.

Race 7

#7 Into Mischief (4/1)

Mandella firster has been training exceptionally well, a couple of times in company with Patricia's Gem, the Mandella firster who got hammered down to 4/5 last weekend before ruinning a good third behind Time Reveals All. Mandella hasn't been faring too well with his first-time starters this year, but clearly this horse can run, and #8 Zetterberg figures to be a solid favorite. Should be some value on this one.

Race 9

#9 Kalookan Year (4/1 ml)

Very talented sprint filly suffered through a brutal trip last time and still squeezed her way thru along the rail to get up for the win (should've won by open lengths). Now 2-for-2 with Rosario, and 2-for-2 at sprint distances. Switches to the downhill course today, but has the right kind of running style for it and looms a big threat here.

HRT record:

38 for 133 (29%)

$334.70 mutuels ($8.81 avg)

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited October 2007
    Hope we will still see you around here from time to time! Thanks for the plays and best of luck with your site.

Edward
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    GOOD LUCK...YOUR POSTS HAVE BEEN VERY INFORMATIVE...w2w
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Thanks as always DC. Your posts have always helped me win some extra cash.
    Good luck with your new site just don't forget about us here :toast:
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited October 2007
    How do we get your web site information....nice cash in the 7th and 9th to close out your posting. Your a first class capper for sure!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2007
    Madame Kiawah went off @ 6/1 and ran out.

Guns on the Table went off @ 9/5 and ran second.

Into MIschief wins @ $10.40

Kalookan Year wins @ $11.60
    edited October 2007
    Into MIschief wins @ $10.40

That was one hell of a run by this first time starter. Very, very impressive run.
    edited October 2007
    How about sending us your eMail address or your website address?

In his post with picks for the thread there is

(default)

Click that, it is a link to his page. :smoking:
    edited October 2007
    The name/address of the site is DiscreetPicks.com

I'm still having problems however, so it's not operational just yet. I'll post an announcement when it is...
  • thirdand tenthirdand ten Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    Discreet Cat

I was trying to get a subscription today and filled out form but it was not accepted
    It appears that part of the site is not working

Please advise
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2015

Race 7

#7 Into Mischief (4/1)

Mandella firster has been training exceptionally well, a couple of times in company with Patricia's Gem, the Mandella firster who got hammered down to 4/5 last weekend before ruinning a good third behind Time Reveals All. Mandella hasn't been faring too well with his first-time starters this year, but clearly this horse can run, and #8 Zetterberg figures to be a solid favorite. Should be some value on this one.

I think this guy is gonna be a good sire....
    edited July 2015
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Lookin at Lucky, too.
    edited July 2015
    Nice blast from the past here....we made a nice score when Into Mischief won the Hollywood Futurity @ 14/1 :toast:

Into Mischief streaks to Futurity glory - Handicappers' Edge
    edited April 2018
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

He’s a really good sire, very small crops too. Has a son and a half brother headed to Kentucky.