La. Derby Day

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
April 1, 2012

Fairgrounds Race Course

La. Derby Day

Race 1

I’m coming out of the gate with a long shot first timer for a no name trainer with a top jock in the saddle??? This one is bred for speed and shows a string of six consecutive works coming to the gate today. The others in here have had their chance to win out already and haven’t showed me enough to back them at low odds. Why not swing for the fence in the first.

#2 – See Cee’s Reason – wps

Exotics Key

2 over 5-6-7-9 in all 3 spots for tri and super

Race 2

Looks like a clear cut race as Storming John should be the fastest in here but is coming off a big number spread on the speed figures I use and could bounce to the moon. One other note there is a 230k first time La Bred in here for Al Stall Jr., I cannot believe this horse went for 230K at Fasig???? I just still cannot get way from Storming John as he is just the fastest horse.

#5 – Storming John – wp

Exotics Key

5 over 2-3-4-6-7-9 – 1st hole only

Race 3

A very tough weeds race at a very tricky distance, Bernie Flint has two in here and one of them has keep real good company and has the meets leading jock on her back. His other runner will be the pace horse from the outset of the race. It looks like Rosie’s race to lose with the rabbit in here for the setup.

#10 – Annaclone – wp

Exotic Key

10 over 1-2-5-8-9 – In the first 2 spots

Race 4

This is one hell of a sprint race carded here at the FG. You have two Fl. shippers coming in to town to steal the money, but they just don’t realize who they are coming in town to face. These two locals Gantry and Cash Refund rule this strip and won’t let a shipper take the money back to the sunshine state. Cash Refund has the heart of warrior and ran to big in his last two starts not to get the money for my friend Richard Klein. He has ran Joe Hollywood into the ground on both occasions and the Steve Asmussen comes back for more today with this colt. Cash Refund comes into this race off a nice work and look for him to finish off this meet on a winning note before heading back over to Churchill.

#5 – Cash Refund – wp

No value in exotics

Race 5

This is possibly the best betting race on the card. I will go deep in this one at the super as if see a huge payoff like a 5 digit score for the $2.00 super (BOXCARS), if have a great read on this field as I have seen many of these run this year and I have one question why is Donnie Von Hemel shipping in on the last day of meet and hasn’t had a starter all year long and puts this one on the weeds that is really a weed course this plays to locals with the sand bottom. Donnie is shipping into win and must know this horse is screaming for the weeds. Parabellum ran big first out for Amoss against a well meant Howard horse that won for fun that day, this one is also bred for the weeds and will make a big run down the lane with Amoss’s jock in the saddle. Then you have Stidham (Sound Effect) with a layoff runner and get the Frogman to take the mount???? Then Frostad’s (Attendant) has the best speed number for the weeds on my charts. After all of that I’m going with a second time starter that the ml maker has MISSED in a big way, there is now way we will get the ml on this gelding but I will take 4/1 and should get it. I’m talking about Louie Roussel private purchase. This gelding was trained by Austin Smith and was purchased from him before he ever made it to the gate. He has been keeping real good company in the mornings and he works speak for themselves!!!!! This gelding was well meant first out in a race that came off the weeds and Louis still ran him and now is wheeling him back in 17 days in the spot he wanted to run him!!! He gets Rosie to take the mount and this one comes off a nice 3f gate breeze just 6 days ago and that show this one is ready to fire.

$$4 – Run Right At It – wps

Exotic Key

4 over 1-2-4-5-6-8-12 – In all 3 spots in tris and supers.

Rae 6

Another great betting race carded today at the Fairgrounds, the favorite was tipped to me last time out by my good friend Eric and he didn’t disappoint at all. He looks live again today and will take all the beating at the windows. I’m going to fade today and head to the windows with Hud’s Rebellion and a big jock pick up for Leggio in JR!!!!

#9 – Hud’s Rebellion – wps

Exotics Key

9 over 1-3-4-6-7-8 – In all 3 spots for tri and super

Race 7

This is hands down the toughest race on the card and I cannot come up with a win contender for anything. There are about 5/6 horses that can win this race and I’m just going to box them and shot for a payday in the exotics.

3-4-9-11-12 – BOX

Race 8

Well this race lost a little of it’s luster with Nehro scratching after tying up yesterday. But there really is only one horse you can head to the windows for and that is Mission Impazible. He has 3 career wins and two of them have been right here at the FG and his last race was flat out great off the bench. Then you have JJ come in town to ride today after a piss poor ride on El Padrino yesterday in the Fl. Derby, he should have his game face on as there is no Union Rags to focus on today. JJ move on from losing the mount and play the game right. Anything at 2-1 or higher Don’t Leave The Window and be the first one to collect when official.

#2 – Mission Impazible – wp

No value in exotics

Race 9

What a great lineup for the Mervin Muniz, there are some fine weed runners in this one. The defending champ comes back to the big easy after taking the Mervin prep on Risen Start day. Then you have Cali and Fl shippers coming in to get a piece of this $400k purse. The jocks in this race is a who’s who of the jock colony and this will be a jock race coming for home. If I can get the pace I need in this one, then this long shot I’m on will have a big run down the lane with the Frogman in the saddle.

#5 – Swift Warrior – wps

Exotic Key

Exacta – 5 over all

Tri – 5 over all
Tri – All over 5

Super Key

5 over 1-2-3-4 over 1-2-3-4-8-10 over all

1-2-3-4 over 5 over 1-2-3-4-8-10 over all

The Louisiana Derby

I see this race as wide open as you can get. I’m not sold on Mark Valeski and have been very disappointed in Shared Property as a 3yo, this is going to be a race after the finish line you will say, you could of played him!!!!! I’m hoping that I’m not saying that on my end. Mark V will take all the money at the windows and will go off at 8/5 at best. You have shippers in from everywhere as they need the earnings to get into the gate. I have been touted to a TAP horse in Windsurfer and they are saying this one is a serious horse and is ready to run a big race today in the big easy. TAP has called an audible as he did with El Padrino in the Risen Start. Windsurfer was suppose to run in the Illinois Derby next week but his last two works were so good then decide to ship to the Big Easy as they keep The Godfarther at the Stream for the Fl. Derby. Johnny comes into to ride him and this might be his derby horse if they are right about him. As I mentioned earlier Shard Property has keep great company but has come off the shelf a little flat. His last two works have been AWESOME and the addition of blinkers should have him in the race than laying back and making one run down the lane too late. Then you get to Cigar Street what a race last time out!!!!! Steve Margolis don’t run short horses and you have to pay attention to that when he puts them back in the gate so soon!!!!! Then you have Jerry H from Cali shipping in with Mike Smith and he is extremely confident in this one and will make his presence felt down the FG stretch. Well where do we land in this race to I let the tote board direct me or do I go back with the local in Shared Property or the buzz horse in Windsurfer!!!!!!!!!! Do I take a stand against Cigar Street because of the ML of 7/2 UGH!!!!! Well I still cannot give you my final play for WPS as I just don’t know.

Exotic Box

1-3-6-7-11

Exotic Key

3-6-7- over 3-6-7 over 1-4-9-10-11-13

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Run Right At It scratched it seems. Damn, was really looking for to playing this one and Nehro today.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Run Right At It got scratched out today- was looking forward to seeing this one light up the board, have to wait for another day.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Run Right At It scratched it seems. Damn, was really looking for to playing this one and Nehro today.

Motherf*cker. I hadn't seen that........in fact i just posted him on my site.

I wonder why they scratched him, something must be wrong??? They've been trying to get him into a two-turn turf race for the last month...