Bodemeister's Price = Wow.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Was expecting 3/5.

Huge run today.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    You should have Dirty! That final quarter was remincant of Afleet Alex's run several years back. Sorry if typos---I'm kind of tired and real liquored up, as Peyton would say---if you watched the race-- or the build up to it---I'm the stupid gut talking to Mikey Smith before Bodemeister comes on the infield. We just basically chit chatted about Baffert's health and I showed a great deal of reserve in not saying a damn thing about Chantel! But boy did I want to! Nevertheless, I don't know anything about how good Chantel was--or still is---bur Mikey told me there was no pressure on him---just on the horse. He's pretty fuckin cool! ---I better stop now before DC bans me from HRT. BTW---Donnie Von Hemel's Alternation got me healthy in a big way! Too busy this morning to post---but Louis Q told me last night that he had been working him and that he was sitting on a huge race---took an easy lead and made every pole a winning one! Just got back from taking other guys to airport--over and out--I've been on backside since 3:00 this morning and alot of Pince Dimple in between! Adois!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    I 110% agree. I passed on Bodemeister (as I stated in another thread, thinking he'd be 9/5). I saw him at 3/1 w/ 10 mtp and bet the mortgage on the fool. My derby choice now. Maybe I've drank too much or I'm too thrilled with my win but it was electrifiying.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    You should have Dirty! That final quarter was remincant of Afleet Alex's run several years back. Sorry if typos---I'm kind of tired and real liquored up, as Peyton would say---if you watched the race-- or the build up to it---I'm the stupid gut talking to Mikey Smith before Bodemeister comes on the infield. We just basically chit chatted about Baffert's health and I showed a great deal of reserve in not saying a damn thing about Chantel! But boy did I want to! Nevertheless, I don't know anything about how good Chantel was--or still is---bur Mikey told me there was no pressure on him---just on the horse. He's pretty fuckin cool! ---I better stop now before DC bans me from HRT. BTW---Donnie Von Hemel's Alternation got me healthy in a big way! Too busy this morning to post---but Louis Q told me last night that he had been working him and that he was sitting on a huge race---took an easy lead and made every pole a winning one! Just got back from taking other guys to airport--over and out--I've been on backside since 3:00 this morning and alot of Pince Dimple in between! Adois!

Funny, i just mentioned to someone yesterday that i hadn't seen anyone finish like that in the Arkansas Derby since Afleet Alex (that one actually shaded 12 for the final furlong, btw). Also worth mentioning, he did it despite having to be gunned from the far outside post (after breaking outward, no less) in order to make the lead by the time they hit the first turn. Couldn't have been more impressed with Bodemeister yesterday.