Mom

Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Well very sadly Mom passed away sunday night. She was probally about the luckiest gambler I know of and won big several times between the old plainfield greyhound track and Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. She knew the dogs better than I will ever know the ponies. when she didnt like something particular in a race she would play 1,2 and 7,8 quinellas. Thsi saturday for shits and giggles and for a few memories I am going to play the 1,2 and 7,8 at derby lane for her. I will surely miss you mom!! I hope the angels enjoy a little gaming themselves.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Really sorry about your loss. My mom is geting up there in age also, and i can't even imagine what it would be like to lose her. Hope you find some peace with it.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm also going to play your mother's numbers. They have to work better that my plays the last few days!
    I tried to go cheap today in the Aqueduct pick 6 and it cost me $11,000.00. The two races I did not hit I had the winners before I cut my ticket down.

Sounds like we all would have liked to have known your Mom!
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Horsin, I know how you feel, lost My dad just 1 month ago, a horse owner he was for many years here in Chicago, back in the days when Arlington Park was the Old Arlington park, and Clifford Scott was our trainer...He was a great man, keep your chin up and remember the good!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    My prayers are with you at this time. I'm going throught the same thing right now and over the past 4 months. My mom is 80 and I had a huge party for her on her birthday with over 100 family and friends in attendance. One month later had another major storke that almost took her. She didn't come back well this time and just this past Sunday had another one and is in the hospital at this time of writing this message. I know my time is short with her and it kills me to think she we will be gone one day. As stated my prayers are with you and your family.

FB
  • Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Aro-May she rest in peace! Take care and thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks a Million All!! for your very kind words. Mom was awesome and thats whay I will always keep inside me. My prayers are out to you guys too especially FB. A stroke had started her whole thing some time ago and none of it was easy. I was just very happy i got to have lunch with her they day she died and her memories will live forever
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Our prayers are with you.Always think of the good times you shared...w2w
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    Well very sadly Mom passed away sunday night. She was probally about the luckiest gambler I know of and won big several times between the old plainfield greyhound track and Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. She knew the dogs better than I will ever know the ponies. when she didnt like something particular in a race she would play 1,2 and 7,8 quinellas. Thsi saturday for shits and giggles and for a few memories I am going to play the 1,2 and 7,8 at derby lane for her. I will surely miss you mom!! I hope the angels enjoy a little gaming themselves.

My prayers go out to you and your family..
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you need anything just let us know...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for your loss
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Horsin,

Very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with both you and your family at this time. I'm sure you'll have a handicapping guardian angel looking down on you on Saturday.

Nathan
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »

sorry for your lost Mate, my prayer go out to you and your family .
    edited April 2012
    Thanks again all!! Everyone of you are like family here!!!!!
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry for your loss as I lost my Mother on March 11th also.
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Horsin & Floydrturbo: My condolences to you both upon hearing of your respective loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all here on HRT.
    edited April 2012
    Awwww Floyd I really feel for ya, our prayers out to you and family
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Floyd you are in our prayers...w2w