I'll Have Another emerges from workout with tight back, gets shock-wave thearpy

Comments

• SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    It's too bad. I thought this horse would be the easiest of tosses and I was looking forward to seeing him take money as some kind of wise guy horse.

Given the gaps in his races, he's obviously fragile. I'd be surprised if he makes the gate.

Congrats DWayne, you and your turf horse are in!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Sounds to me like he's definitely running. I just don't think this can be construed as good news if you happen to like him.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    SirBear wrote: »
    It's too bad. I thought this horse would be the easiest of tosses and I was looking forward to seeing him take money as some kind of wise guy horse.

Given the gaps in his races, he's obviously fragile. I'd be surprised if he makes the gate.

Congrats DWayne, you and your turf horse are in!!!

Was thinking the same thing automatic throwout for me hopefully he still runs!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Am I the only one on this forum that thinks this horse has a legit shot?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    im with you flyin late..he proved that he wasnt a one hit wonder..it doesnt scare me away..maybe ill get a better price...imo everyone of these horses get stuff done to them before the derby but it doesnt get blown up like this..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    He's fucked up. Talked to two trainers who heard he just isn't right. The shock therapy is commonplace out here, but he's got back and hind issues.
    edited April 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    He's fucked up. Talked to two trainers who heard he just isn't right. The shock therapy is commonplace out here, but he's got back and hind issues.

If he really is fucked up, I feel O' Neil has the common sense to scratch the horse and not destroy his career. Not to mention the horse is owned by his own family, so there should be no secrets or sneaky trainer business. If he makes the gate, I'll take my chances. Funny thing is, I've made 7 future wagers for derby in last 3 years. He was going to be the first one that made the starting gate...

He may end up in my graveyard of futures now along with Pamplemousse, I Want Revenge, Premier Pegasus, and the rest.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Great call. Thank god I couldn't talk you off this easy winner.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Easy winner? LOL.

Great call indeed, though. I honestly overlooked the horse, even went against him (with Creative Cause) in a head-to-head matchup. I'm convinced Bodemeister ran the best race though...
    edited May 2012
    Easy winner? LOL.

Great call indeed, though. I honestly overlooked the horse, even went against him (with Creative Cause) in a head-to-head matchup. I'm convinced Bodemeister ran the best race though...

I'd have to agree. Bodemeister simply ran entirely too well to lose. I haven't seen that gutsy of a front end performance in a long time. I remember screaming out "is he a freak?" as they turned for home and he sure looked like it. I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had him and Trinniberg swapped post positions.

Seeing as my friends and I have pledged to ride out to the Belmont any time a triple crown winner is possible, I'm actually hoping Bodemeister decides to pass on the Preakness, but we will see. Bodemeister is a serious racehorse and if he stays healthy we may finally have a group of solid 3yo's for the end of summer and breeder's cup.

On another note, I've been getting aggrevated a bit with the "Dullahan was the best horse in the race" nonsense I've been seeing and hearing. He had every opportunity, just because he lost some ground doesn't give him an excuse. Bodemeister losing, thats an excuse. And if any horse was closing best of all, it is clearly Went the Day Well.