Peter Pan Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm making a stand against Mark Valeski at a short price. Same with The Lumber Guy. Multitude of very game 3yo colts in here and all at very good prices.

#7 Hakama, 15-1
Game effort in the Private Terms at Maryland an got nosed out by Raconteur, who ran in Ark Derby. Then went to Ill Derby and had a disaster break only to circle the field going today's distance of 1 1/8. A clean break today and this one is dangerous with his late pace figure. Johnny V. in the saddle does not hurt his chances at all!

#8 Big Screen, 15-1
This is one gutsy colt who will give you all he has. Battle tested and goes from retired Frank Alexander to Tom Albertrani, who is the victim of Darley and Goldiphin merger with Kiaran. May not be as fast as the others, but if he is within 4 lengths at the turn he will benefit from a pace meltdown. This big gray has alot of heart and will be on all my exotic tickets.

#9 Master Rick, 10-1
Came to the Assman from Calhoun barn and ran off in Northern Spur at Oaklawn. Will probably sit just off a hot pace and be called upon turning for home. Distance is the question with this one but he is bred to get 1 1/8 and Assman may just tell C Nak to let him go as far as he can for as long as he can. If the track is favoring speed today, even at the distance, this one is more than capable of going early with Mark and Lumber and may even go to the front and prove hard to run down.

7---8---9 ex bx

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    john i watched le bernardin last 2 races and he has some heart..in each race there was a huge fav that he wore down and re broke in the lane and in his maiden score the big fav ran to him effortless and he looked him in the eye and took back off...only loss was debut in which he lost to the even money fav in race 3...i know luzzi is on lumber guy but i trust castro...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I agree, and he's 15-1 too! I just don't see alot here to justify any of these being a short priced favorite. The outside horses are game as well, and the #1 will show early speed on the rail. The #4 is a Darley from Bernardini and if he improves off his last, will be a player late. I could be dead ass wrong, but I've been wrong before, and am willing to take a chance on someof these at a big price.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm taking shots with Master Rick and Street Life
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Ray, I would not read anything into the fact that Luzzi goes with Lumber Guy over the Darley #4. Luzzi will get a shit load more mounts for Mike Hushion over the next few months than he will for Kiaran and the Darley Arabs. He probably just got the mount in the last by default. I'm not a big fan of Luzzi, as you can probably tell!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Was looking at Master Rick's form, and it really stuck out at me how he suddenly improved by leaps and bounds when moved into the Asmussen barn. Reminded me of Dutrow a little bit. Just sayin.

PS - I do think he has a shot in here, but there's a lot of speed and it's a pretty long race. One turn though, so maybe that'll help him.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    good point john on the luzzi thing...FL..i do like street life a little. I think they rushed him into his last cause they got derby fever..now with a month between races and lezcano on board i think he may be there late...will be going 4,5,6,12 in pick 4...i think summer front will take a lot of play but i think he likes the green...not taking a short price going first on dirt..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm going with Street Life. Like him with the 1 Right To Vote and the 11 Summer Front.