Black Eyed Susan

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Its turning out to be an intriguing race and as hard as it is to do, I think I'm going to be taking a stab against Mamma Kimbo.

Playing #7 In Lingerie

Trifecta
4,7 w 1,4,5,7 w 1,3,4,5,7

Who does everyone else like here? Any solid plays on the card?
I'm taking a strong look at Endorsement in the Pimlico Special

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm with you on In Lingerie as well, I haven't finished the card as of now and will post full card selections in the Preakness thread. I see two - three I really like on Friday's card.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Mama Kimbo's win in the Fantasy was very good, but I'm not sure she had to do much---she had everything her own way on the front and Aimes Dini just could not make up any ground. Mama has come back to fire bullets at CD in preparation for this start and is obviously in top form. But, she will not have it so easy on Friday. John Velesquez will not let In Lingerie fall far back and others may offer an early challenge as well. I haven't seen the sheet numbers yet, but my guess is they will call for Mama Kimbo to regress off her previous two races?

What I hear through Dogwood and Aron Wellman at Eclipse, is that last work at Bel Tr Track was a real standout--even better than looks on paper---and that In Lingerie is going to run a big race. They had her ready to fire for the Oaks before she came back from sloppy work at PMM a little off. She was shipped up to Belmont and had a restricted work just to make sure she was ok after the ill-advised work on the slop at PMM. Her next was just a super workout and all involved believe she is not the worse for wear and again ready to run a big race.

Don't overlook the Chad Brown fillie in here. I'm hearing that she may be one to come late and if Mama Kimbo gets headed in the stretch she may fold like a wet blanket? These are my top three!

I've known the Von Hemel's for years and I speak to Luis Q often during the Oaklawn meet. Alternation was sent from OP to Arlington because Donnie wanted him to work over the Poly, and Donnie sent most of his that way, but he likes the fact that training on the poly lessens the chance of injury. He's been at Pimlico now for about a week and had a very good work over the sloppy going a couple of days ago. At this time last year, Donnie got the fever and used Ramon---this year he sticks with Luis Q. and Luis is one happy jockey to have this mount! Endorsement has been working at Keeneland for Harty and he offers good value in here. Mission Impassible is coming into this race off a super work and will be a major player. These are my top three.

Arlington is losing my new bug jock, Alex Canchari, who I got to know and liked alot this winter at Oaklawn. He has a new agent and is going to try his skills in New York. He knows it will be a tough task, but he will be on track every morning working horses and it should not take very long to catch on. He is very good and is a few years away from being one of the top jocks in the country.
  • drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Jazzy Idea will be Flyin Late with Ramon getting up in the final stride. DD with Alternation.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I saw that Austin Brown ran third @ Pimlico yesterday. Nice.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks DC
    But this is not exactly what we had hoped for. A major disappointment--to say the least.
    He still hates dirt in his face and throws his head around like a firster. My guess is we'll drop him a little further down and hope he wins a race and cools off in a new barn. TOUGH GAME!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    He might just want to be a horse again. You should take him to a forest and tell the jockey to let him run until he stops. When he gets back he'll be G1 caliber.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    drbillym wrote: »
    Jazzy Idea will be Flyin Late with Ramon getting up in the final stride. DD with Alternation.

Nice pun. And for what its worth, I'm also on Jazzy Idea.
  • The MavenThe Maven Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Any ETA on Friday selections?