Let's talk Juveniles...

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited October 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Ok everyone, Breeder's Cup is coming up this weekend so I'm sure we'll have a few discussions over this. Let's start with the Juvenile races, who do you like and why?

*Bessemer Trust Juvenile
-My choice here will be Tale of Ekati. Tale of Ekati's last race was in my eyes the best race by any 2yr old this year. I like the layoff, love Clay, and love the horses running style. I was originally hoping to get 5-1 or so on the horse but there's been alot of buzz around him lately. Only thing that worries me is his first 2turn race and his last workout he seemed to run a bit too quick (blazing 4f run in 45sec), just dont want him to tire. I'm assuming alot of the public will follow War Pass and hopefully keep my odds ok here.

*Grey Goose Juvenile Fillies
-My choice here is a bit more of a long shot than Tale of Ekati. In this race I like Grace Anatomy. I started with this horse's first time out, betting it for my girlfriend for the name (she loves grey's anatomy). She only finished 3rd but I was impressed, next time out she won a higher MSW of 68k. Her last race is what really sold me. In the G1 Darley at Keeneland, this horse ran amazing. The race could not have gone more against her. She first had a terrible start and on top of it faced a horrible traffic jam (im talking having to cut in, vie through horses, I'm talking STUCK). She overcame both the bad start and traffic to finish 3rd against a good field. She'll be my play here and Im loving the 10-1 ML on her.

*Juvenile Turf
-Here is where I am actually stuck. I am sort of leaning toward Gio Ponti who I believe performed outstanding in his only two career starts. Alot of other horses here scare me, especially Prussian and The Leopard (something about this horse I love). I'm going to see what you guys have to think as I haven't really made up my mind here.

Let's get some good discussions going here, tomorrow I'll set up a new category of BC races for us to discuss.

Comments

• who doctor whowho doctor who Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    in about the same boat as you flyinlate. I don't mind sometimes when a horse has a workout like that (tale of ekati). Love that horse on what should be good odds. When a jockey of Coa's ability can't tell the horse is going that fast, i think that workout will be overplayed. Grace Anatomy for same reason's, girlfriend liked the name and I payed attention. Juvinile turf, throw a dart.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Kodiak Kowboy is on the top of my list for the BC Juve.... I saw the horse in person and he sat off the pace to take control going into the stretch, I think in this race you are going to need to be close to the pace, i dont see any late closers to taking this one down. I like this horse, i just downloaded the PP's today and will start doing my capping for the whole Saturday card tonight, and look foward to all the discussions, should be a great day with all the great horses showing up!