B'way Alibi to miss Acorn

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
TAP 2nd place in Oaks BROADWAY'S ALIBI worked yesterday at Belmont going 4 in 49.1, after which TAP said she is not showing energy and will skip the Monday Memorial Day Acorn and train up to the June 23 Mother Goose.

Black Eyed Susan winner In Lingerie came out of her effort with a laceration on a foot---she is ok---but will get plenty of rest and train up to the July 21 Spa Coaching Club American Oaks. Do you think two months rest is a little over cautious? Or is this one serious fillie who is being brought along slowly with an eye on BC Distaff? Who knows?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    On Fire Baby shipping up to NY for the Acorn!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    JG,

Do you have any connections with 3-4 tickets for Belmont? Still in the hunt. Have our room booked, but I keep finding crappy overpriced seats. I'm clearly willing to pay over FV, but just don't see myself paying $180 for section DD in 3rd floor grandstand.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Sorry FL, nothing as of right now. I'm still looking and got feelers out, but this is one tough ticket!

Two things could happen---good tickets become available about a week before,---or they are sold out. I'm counting on getting better seats the closer it gets to Belmont Day. Cost is not the biggest concern---but at the same time, I'm not paying $500 or shit like that!

I'll keep you posted and you do likewise.