Classic

MikeyMikey Banned
edited October 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
I like Tiago and Awesome gem $20 exacta Box.:clap2:

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    I do think Tiago has a shot here with the major improvements he's been achieving over the past couple months. As for Awesome Gem, personally I think he has no shot.

Hard Spun will head out for lead and immediately be dueled by Lawyer Ron (already said there's no chance he's letting hard spun steal this). The two will tire coming around the final pole and set up Curlin for his big run. Curlin all the way. :toast:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2007
    Tiago has clearly improved over the last several months. There's no question about that. It's worth noting however that his last two races (both wins) have come on Cushion Track. Not necessarily a negative, just something to bear in mind. Personally, i'd love to see him win.

I make him roughly an 8/1 chance to pull it off.
  • fredzepplinfredzepplin Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    Street Sense will go off as the favorite and win..he is working out great!
    edited October 2007
    Street Sense will go off as the favorite and win..he is working out great!

Curlin > Street Sense
  • who doctor whowho doctor who Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    i love hard spun, but can't bet him. i think awesome gem is gonna blow up a lot of peoples tri at big odds.
  • TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited October 2007
    If you fell into a coma Saturday morning, and woke up Sunday, and some one told you that Lawyer Ron, Street Sense, Curlin, Any Given Saturday or Hard Spun won the classic, would you really be that shocked ?

Might be better to watch than wager on this one . . . but if Hard Spun drifts up to 10-1, i'd be willing to take a shot with him on the front end.

The Street Sense camp is making a lot of noise that he's ready to roll, just like before the Derby . . .
  • trackman74trackman74 Member
    edited October 2007
    i must agree...street sense and hard spun should be ready to run their best races. They have to send hard spun and not try to rate with him or he will be no good, but if he gets clear, look out. Obviously street sense is peaking at the right time and should be the best IMO.
  • smsigmansmsigman Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    No way Tiago can match up with these in Classic...a good horse but not the caliber of Street Sense, Curlin, Hard Spun, or Lawyer Ron...I don't see it.
    edited October 2007
    smsigman wrote: »
    No way Tiago can match up with these in Classic...a good horse but not the caliber of Street Sense, Curlin, Hard Spun, or Lawyer Ron...I don't see it.

No offense, but you may end up eating your words on that comment.

I'm no fan of Tiago, nor will I be playing him, but while I back Curlin in this race I consider Tiago a VERY big threat. This isn't the same Tiago from the derby.
  • macho unomacho uno Junior Member
    edited October 2007
    tiago is a west coast horse that love cushion track ...CURLIN will eat them alive in the final furlong it will be a speed duel up front .................my trifecta would be curlin up top with street sense,diamond stripe,with all