Interesting first-time starter @ Churchill today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Two Assman entries and he puts Shane Sellers on this one. Interesting?

FYI, in the 8th race, clm $30k 3 & up going one mile on turf, non-winners of three lifetime--

#2 My Zipper, 5-1
    Was in over his head running alw at Oaklawn this winter and spring. Went back to Kentucky and had a big time effort over Keeneland poly and has come back to fire some speedy works. Gets on turf after a long time off, last was way back at Tampa where he ran pretty good. He should Zip right out to an uncontested lead and may be hard to catch. Trainer Dodgen has him in top shape. These progengy of City Zip are not known for their grass ability--but they do pretty good on the turf. I already played him across and used him in a ex bx with #'s 2--3--6. GL.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Pretty solid record with Sellers over the last 17 months (50% flat-bet profit from 26% winners).

Good luck with My Zipper. (wait, that didn't sound good...)
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    That was pretty damn impressive.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Yes!

Assman exacta paid $15.80.

Nice to see a young horse come back from a blistering tack training sale work and not have bucked shins, like most of the ones I've purchased!
    edited May 2012
    Special Jo wins by 6 lengths...looked good doing it, too!
    edited June 2012
    Special Jo has been installed as the 2/1 ml favorite in the Bashford Manor Stakes on Saturday.