Belmont

cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Here's my Pick 6:

R6 #4 Buffum 7/5 and #5 Ya Gotta Have Soul 20-1 ( Rosie / Tagg )

R7 #3 Somali Lemonade 1/1

R8 #2 Awesome Maria 4/5 and #4 It's Tricky 2-1

R9 #1 Contested 7/5 and #3 On Fire Baby 5/2

R10 This is an ALL race but I'm going with #4 Saginaw 10-1 scratching out of yesterdays race for this. And of course keeping the ticket amt. down.

R11 #3 Easy Street 5-1 ( T. Bush / Parting Glass Stables ) with #6 Lemon Peel 8-1 and #13 Bake Shop 8-1 ( T. Bush again but not a PGS horse )

There you have it and May The Horse Be With You.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Pick 6/ Pick 4 (Race 7-10)

R6: #4 Buffum and #9 Star Of New York

R7: #3 Somali Lemonade and #8 Firehouse Red

R8: #2 Awesome Maria and #4 Its Tricky

R9: #1 Contested and #6 Aubby K

R10: #3 Caleb's Posse
    Absolutely love this horse today Big Big Big

R11: #2 My Pal Of Pals #7 Julias Hero

Good Luck with your pick6
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Good Luck to everyone today!

Super card at Big Sandy. These Oaklawn horses are not shipping to NY for a tour of Liberty Island. Von Hemel is loaded for bear and Reddog has OFB back to preferred distance. Here is what I like:

Race 7
    #3 Somali Lemonade is as close to a single as there is on the card. 3/5 would be about right.

Race 8
    #2 Awesome Maria is the class of the field and #4 It's Tricky is pretty good too. These two should get it on from the start and a speed duel could set things up late for #3 She's All In, who will let these two go at it early and come late with the best closing speed in the field. Little Donnie has this one in the best form of her career and Luis Q would like nothing better than to visit the Belmont winner's circle. Look out for this one late!

Race 9
    Same scenario as race 8. #1 Contested and #6 Aubby K will go early and OFB will sit just behind and make her move at the turn. This tough stakes seasoned fillie has no quit in her and she should show a lot of heart at the 1/8 pole and continue to dig for the wire. Anita Cauley had very high expectations for her out running her pedigree but has now gotten back to reality and spots OFB back at her best distance.

Race 10
    This race is as good as any you will see, even on BC day! Also, it could not set up any better for the late closing Caleb's Posse. IMO, this is a true jockey's race, and if Rajiv pulls the trigger at the right moment, he should pick up the pieces and win by a whisker. The unknown is how To Honor And Serve will perform, as this one is considered the best Hdc. horse running today, and what about Shackleford, well you get it, they all have a shot in here. Great race forthcoming!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    john, I have to disagree with you about somali lemonade..you got to think regalo mia is better going longer then a mile and SL just got up in her last to nab 2nd..the 59.4 work may of dulled out the race but we dont know..there will be no better looking horse in the race then preach tome daddy.....i think she sits right behind the darley horse and we will find out how good she is today..
    edited May 2012
    A friend of mine is all over a horse in the 5th race at Belmont #13 Mighty Reward. Was hoping she got in and did. Don't know anything about this horse but I do know this old timer is decent when he likes a horse!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Ray & Mike:

Good info---I like the 13 in the 5th as well getting drawn in and getting Ravij----Magic Reward.

I made my plays today and went over to the lake to get my boat out. 40 mph gusts and lucky to get the old girl back into the slip. I've never seen a dry season like this. Could be the beginning of the 1930's dust bowl deja vu!

Can't wait to get to the East Coast where rain is not a mirage!

I still like Somalia Lemonade---but a good tri box is the ones mentioned!

GL!
    edited May 2012
    Great race always get your money worth with Calebs Posse wow just couldn't catch him!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Great race always get your money worth with Calebs Posse wow just couldn't catch him!

I think its time for a rider switch on Caleb's Posse. To get beat by a neck, nose, and nose in last three starts has to be awfully frustrating to the owner.
    edited May 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    I think its time for a rider switch on Caleb's Posse. To get beat by a neck, nose, and nose in last three starts has to be awfully frustrating to the owner.

Think the same thing. Cant stand Rajiv, he rode Alpha in the derby and when they named him the rider the week before I was like damn WTF not this guy!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Not sure it's the rider, rather a lack of willingness by Caleb's Posse to go by. Wouldn't hurt to change though, gotta try it.

Shackelford is one game SOB. Not the first time he's shown that.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    cinfront wrote: »
    R8 #2 Awesome Maria 4/5 and #4 It's Tricky 2-1

Its Tricky- RUN DMC - YouTube
    edited May 2012

LOL was at Saratoga last year in July when Its Tricky won and my friend calls me right after the race and says I hope you had her. Don't you remember RUN DMC Its TrickY!!!! Great video old school Oh yeah No I didn't have her that day!