Baby Races--2 yo

2»

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Okay, here's what i found on Can't Explain:

In addition to the heads-up drill with Corail on 5/25, she also worked heads-up with Corail on 5/13. So if Can't Explain runs well tomorrow, keep an eye on Corail for sure.

As noted earlier in the thread, Corail returned to the worktab last week after a 3-week absence. Follow.
  • DubyaBDubyaB Member
    edited June 2012
    With the Salle trailers now regularly pulling into facility, activity is really heating up. Chad Brown is a regular on Monday & Tuesday morning watching his troops work. The word out of his hometown is that he has a 2YO that he thinks could be OK . Perfect Balance (Corinthian/ Lovely View)
    edited July 2012

In addition to the heads-up drill with Corail on 5/25, she also worked heads-up with Corail on 5/13. So if Can't Explain runs well tomorrow, keep an eye on Corail for sure.

Quick note: There was a nice-looking winner @ Monmouth today for Todd Pletcher (I Am Discreet) who worked heads-up with the still-unraced Corail back on June 14 @ Saratoga. Still keeping an eye out for this one...
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Quick note: There was a nice-looking winner @ Monmouth today for Todd Pletcher (I Am Discreet) who worked heads-up with the still-unraced Corail back on June 14 @ Saratoga. Still keeping an eye out for this one...

I saw it ,wow nice1, it was on the same race you gave out your DCpick for..
    what a name= I AM Discreet
    :thumbup1:
    edited July 2012

Corail has been entered @ the Spa on Wednesday (August 1).

Btw, in addition to the above-mentioned works with Can't Explain, Corail also worked heads-up from the gate on June 29 with Park City, who scored a debut win on Friday.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Don't know if this will post

Corail----will demolish this field---Short price as I will have $20k to wp

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

big win on Winter Memories---parlay on Corail---you gotta to believe!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Don't know if this will post

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

big win on Winter Memories---parlay on Corail---you gotta to believe!!!

Wow $20k to wp that's it!
    edited July 2012
    Yea--- that's it!!! what do you think I am---??? FB or Sheik Mohammoud????
    edited July 2012
    Good Luck not sure if my couple of hundred on this horse will make a difference odds wise. LOL!
    edited July 2012

Leave some for the rest of us!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Bet to win.
    edited July 2012
    Corail has been listed @ 9/5 ml. Wonderful.
    edited August 2012
    Palace Malice goes Saturday is this another 20k play?
    edited August 2012
    Mike---Probably not a major play like Corail, who was in against much inferior quality. Johnny basically taped her twice in the early stretch and hand ride to the fi nish. Times of the fractions in that race, Corail, were ordinary, but she was not asked for much----Beware next out when Corail faces winners--should be a different story?

All of the connections of Palice Malice were more than pleased with his debut. Now stretching out to 6 1/2 f and getting better all the time. He worked the other day with Rule, who is a lazy ass horse in the am and they strode in a leisurely 1:02 and change under a tight hold. He is prime for a good effort, but there are others in this race who have the look of Ky Derby types. #4 Hightail, 12-1, is Jerry Kelley's big time 2 yo for Bluegrass Hall. Even Wayne can't fuck this up! Darley is sending out their superstar in the making, #6 Thane, 4-1, and Kiaran can't wait to get him into a meaningful race with some distance. Tough ass race, and Palice Malice at even money is a bad play. That said, he could very well run all these down late. I sure hope he does!!!

I may have bought a Argentine bred colt today? We'll see if the deal goes through? I suppose that is dumber than betting on a TAP horse at even money. LOL!!!!!
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the info on the Saturday race. Btw, Tap Twenty One has been entered on Sunday.
    edited August 2012
    Mike---Probably not a major play like Corail, who was in against much inferior quality. Johnny basically taped her twice in the early stretch and hand ride to the fi nish. Times of the fractions in that race, Corail, were ordinary, but she was not asked for much----Beware next out when Corail faces winners--should be a different story?

All of the connections of Palice Malice were more than pleased with his debut. Now stretching out to 6 1/2 f and getting better all the time. He worked the other day with Rule, who is a lazy ass horse in the am and they strode in a leisurely 1:02 and change under a tight hold. He is prime for a good effort, but there are others in this race who have the look of Ky Derby types. #4 Hightail, 12-1, is Jerry Kelley's big time 2 yo for Bluegrass Hall. Even Wayne can't fuck this up! Darley is sending out their superstar in the making, #6 Thane, 4-1, and Kiaran can't wait to get him into a meaningful race with some distance. Tough ass race, and Palice Malice at even money is a bad play. That said, he could very well run all these down late. I sure hope he does!!!

I may have bought a Argentine bred colt today? We'll see if the deal goes through? I suppose that is dumber than betting on a TAP horse at even money. LOL!!!!!

I need a big winner for Saturday!!!!!
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited August 2012

Back on 5/6, Can't Explain appeared to be part of a 3-horse team drill with an unraced 2yo named In Speight Ofitall (by Speightstown out of Ski Dancer, if you guys remember her), and also a 3yo barnmate named Willy Elliot.

Willy Elliot came out of that drill to win a starter allowance @ Monmouth six days later...

PS - Just looked @ the Asmussen entrant (Sugar Mama), and couldn't find anything noteworthy.

Not sure where you find your info on company drills, but great stuff!!

Just wanted to update, In Speight Ofitall is entered at Saratoga in Race 2 Tomorrow @ 6-1 ML
    edited August 2012
    Not sure where you find your info on company drills, but great stuff!!

Just wanted to update, In Speight Ofitall is entered at Saratoga in Race 2 Tomorrow @ 6-1 ML

Didn't even noticed that Thanks
  • BMB109BMB109 Member
    edited August 2012
    In Speight Ofitall is a 4yo and the 2nd is is for 3yo and up. We were just handicapping this one and thats our pick. Dutrow turf to dirt finished with a flourish to get 2nd in a 6F Turf sprint at Belmont in 107 change
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Out of Speightstown, a champion sprinter, and although the great performance 1st out on grass, now moves to dirt which his pedigree fits better. Unfortunately, wasn't raced at 2 or 3. Works look good, and everything seems okay, so will give it a shot, as breeding shows this should be preferred distance and surface.
    edited September 2012
    DubyaB wrote: »
    While we are sharing info on the promising 2YO's of 2012 . Another baby that has the Oklahoma track buzzing is a filly in Jimmy Bond's barn . Momentary Magic has turned some heads w/ her limited activity in the am . Bond has shared w/ people that this filly is a freak & unquestionably the most talented filly he has ever had. She is an Indian Charlie I have not done any pedigree work on the mare . She really has only had 2 official 3f works . So she is a while off . Bond likes to run his stock at Saratoga so I am sure he has a target date in the plans

Momentary Magic finally returned to the worktab with a 3-furlong drill on Saturday. Hope she's no worse for the wear...
    edited October 2012
    Update on Momentary Magic. She worked heads-up @ Saratoga yesterday with Cue The Moon, who has already won her debut for trainer James Bond. Good sign!
    edited October 2012
    DubyaB wrote: »
    While we are sharing info on the promising 2YO's of 2012 . Another baby that has the Oklahoma track buzzing is a filly in Jimmy Bond's barn . Momentary Magic has turned some heads w/ her limited activity in the am . Bond has shared w/ people that this filly is a freak & unquestionably the most talented filly he has ever had. She is an Indian Charlie I have not done any pedigree work on the mare . She really has only had 2 official 3f works . So she is a while off . Bond likes to run his stock at Saratoga so I am sure he has a target date in the plans

Momentary Magic is entered on Sunday @ Belmont.
    edited October 2012
    Momentary Magic is entered on Sunday @ Belmont.

Upping.
    edited October 2012
    I couldn't make heads or tails of this. Better to have bet and lost, than to have never bet at all.

Belmont 7 $100.00 WN 4 $100.00

You playing this one DC? Dubya?
    edited October 2012
    I made the exact same bet. She ran second, of course.

Perhaps i was seeing things, but it seemed like there was a lack of effort by the rider in the lane (once she got a clear path). Track condition might;ve had something to do with it, maybe, or maybe i'm just imagining it. Lemme know what you think if you watch the replay.
    edited October 2012
    I made the exact same bet. She ran second, of course.

Perhaps i was seeing things, but it seemed like there was a lack of effort by the rider in the lane (once she got a clear path). Track condition might;ve had something to do with it, maybe, or maybe i'm just imagining it. Lemme know what you think if you watch the replay.

Agreed. No reason why she was restrained. She could have gone to the lead and trotted home.
    edited October 2012
    Just wanted to give a shoutout to DubyaB for the info on this filly. Obviously it was spot-on, though today's result was a bit disappointing. Hopefully he can tab one for us next year!