Can Dullahan beat I'll have another?

okjac12okjac12 Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I don't think he will...

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    dullahan who, i'll have another looks good coming down the stretch,is gonna be a thriller @the wire
    i'll have another wins
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Can he? Absolutely.
    Workout reports (thanks fb) signify he is training as good anyone right now and has had a perfect 5 week rest heading in to the race. Contrary to popular belief, however, the Belmont does not favor stone cold closers. In fact, if there is a favored running style, this is one race grinders have an advantage in (see Drosselmeyer, Ruler on Ice). The horse has talent, but I'm thinking he is better suited for Poly/Turf races and my best comparison is a Gio Ponti type that may be a true all star when returning to his preferred surface after the TC races.

Will he? I sure as hell hope not. Making the journey to NY to hopefully witness a TC winner and would hate to see it spoiled as it has been in recent attempts.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Agree FL with the plodders at belmont the ones that run even splits. As we hope to see a TCWinner, I do hope this is not to IHA's demise too. What worries me a little is the big brown theory that going off the extras, not nessecarily injections and all that which i do not believe he had but just the energy boost stuff hopefully wasnt a part of IHA run here though even the little things like no nasal strip can i think cost a little.