Stakes Action for Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I will be out of pocket all day tomorrow. So here is a full plate of action for all on tomorrows great day of racing.

gl, fb

Stakes from Coast to Coast

Belmont Park

Hill Prince

Race 8

#4 – Film Shot – WPS - This is a huge price on a very good colt in the Mott barn. This one won for fun first time on the weeds and then was wheeled back in 23 days and drew the 11 hole at the Stream. Mott has this one cranked after his last effort when he won for fun. There is no way this colt should be 15-1 on the ml.

Betfair Hollywood Park

Vanity H.

Race 9

#3 – Zazu – WP - This will be the last time you will get above even money on this girl. Needed her last one real bad and will blow them away down the lane.

Churchill Downs

Matt Winn S.

Race 5

#5 – Master Rick – WP – The Assman has this one sitting on a huge effort today. Draw a line through his last race and look at his last few works!!!!

Race 6

Regret S.

#3 – Colonial Flag – WP - BEST BET – This is a big wager on my end. This is a budding star in the making on the weeds. This one should pull away from these for fun. You know that Julien will ride big as he doesn’t want to be taken off this next graded stakes winner for Matz. This is the perfect race to try and score big on a tri and super.

3 over 2-3-4-7-8-10-11 – Reverse in 2nd hole as well!!!!!

Race 7

Fleur De Lis H.

#1 – St. Johns River – WP - This one needed her last off the shelf and we will catch a decent price as the Ladies Champ is in this one as well. I think Royal Delta is a different horse at this time of her career.

Race 8

Stephen Foster H.

#4 – Nehro - WPS – For one thing this colt shouldn’t be 8- 1 on the ml, and I think he finally gets a big win as Zayat has been eating second all year long with this colt and his 3yo’s. Nehro nails them at the wire.

Colonial Downs

Race 7

#1 – Forte Dei Marmi (GB) –WPS - This one had no shot last time out as they crawled around the track and just was a pace less race. We get the ground saving trip from the hedge and have ample pace to run into today and the price is right.

1 over 2-4-5-6-7-11 – Revese in 2nd hole as well!!!!

Delware Park

Obeah S.

Race 7

#1 – Love and Pride – WP – She will run away and hide from this field!!!!!!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Good luck tomorrow Kenny.

Here's one play for you and the forum out here in Illinois.

Arlington Park
    Race 8
    #7 The Cushmaker
    4-1 ML betting heavy WP
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Good Luck today Guys!
    I'm out of pocket today as well, and I hate like hell that I'm going to miss the Downs After Dark Stakes Races at CD. One of my homeboyz is throwing a birthday bash and bringing in the Memphis Soul Review and a 10 piece horn section. I better get those dancin' shoes shined and ready to go!

The Hill Prince at Belmont has tote board explosion written all over it. In addition to Mott's #3 Film Shot that FB already mentioned, there are two others who have been trying to get on turf but keep getting bumped due to weather. #3 Big Screen, 15-1, is a hard knocker with alot of heart. He worked lights-out on weeds in Florida and went to Calder Derby only to get taken off weeds. Tried Peter Pan next and was destroyed at the break when he collided with Master Rick( see above) and rushed up only to tire from early efforts. Frank Alexander retired and Big Screen is now in the barn of very capable turf trainer Tom Albertrani. Good things expected! Also, #5 Spring To The Sky, 15-1, is a Darby Dan runner who had early success in Florida and is coming back into form in a big way. Last work over turf course was impressive. I hate the jock change to Mike Luzzi, but what are you going to do when Johnny, Javier, Jose, Julien, and last but not least, Rosie, hit the road for Louisville?
    Going for coffee and will come back to look at CD card.
  • drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    Like your selection on Film Shot. But since all horseplayers have a RIGHT TO VOTE, he is my horse in the 5th at CD. I don't see how Master Rick can catch him, but will use in the bottom of my exacta. And once again exercising my right to vote, I think Centre Court turns the tables on Colonial Flag-be careful! I have many times seen young fillies reverse order as they progress at different rates. Good pick at Colonial. For the Stephen Foster, I was so impressed with Alternation last time, and will stick with him. Best of luck!
    edited June 2012
    Like your selection on Film Shot-good price. But since all horseplayers have a RIGHT TO VOTE, he is my choice in the 5th at CD. I don't see how Master Rick can catch him and will use underneath. In the 6th, I think Centre Court reverses the outcome on Colonial Flag-I have many times seen young fillies progress at different rates, and think Centre Court turns the tables today. Alternation showed himself to be tough and gritty last race, can repeat again at 4-1. Like your choice at Colonial.
    edited June 2012
    I can't seem to get my .50 pick-5 below $180.00, and I probably am short in certain legs. Not too many cards as good, or competitive, as this one tonight.

4th Race
    tough, going with the most likely players. 5--7--10

5th Race Matt Winn
    Should hit the "ALL" button in a five horse field, but didn't? 2--3--5

6th Race Regret Stakes
    Impossible not to go deep. Love the 20-1 getting on #5 Silver Hustler- 2--3--5--7--9

7th Race
    If Royal Delta gets beat, which she could but not likely, it will be from Rosie on St. John's River 1--5

8th Race Stephen F. Foster Grade I
    This race has it all! Speed, Pressers, Stalkers, and closers. Still, you have to think that the early runners will get after it right from the git-go? Ron The Greek ran a very good 2nd in Oaklawn Hdc and has had a breather since and is primed for a very good effort. Should benefit from a pace duel and hope he has enough left to hold off late charge from Nehro. 4---5

.50 pick-5 ($90.00)
    5/7/10---2/3/5---2/3/5/7/9---1/5---4/5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks guys for some great info!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    You know who i'll be rooting for today. Think he's capable of pulling it off if Fort Larned and Wise Dan give him some space in the early going, which i think is very possible here. Could be very tough to catch once he builds up a head of steam. Seems like a good gamble at the price........8/1, perhaps?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Good Luck today Guys!
    I'm out of pocket today as well, and I hate like hell that I'm going to miss the Downs After Dark Stakes Races at CD. One of my homeboyz is throwing a birthday bash and bringing in the Memphis Soul Review and a 10 piece horn section. I better get those dancin' shoes shined and ready to go!

The Hill Prince at Belmont has tote board explosion written all over it. In addition to Mott's #3 Film Shot that FB already mentioned, there are two others who have been trying to get on turf but keep getting bumped due to weather. #3 Big Screen, 15-1, is a hard knocker with alot of heart. He worked lights-out on weeds in Florida and went to Calder Derby only to get taken off weeds. Tried Peter Pan next and was destroyed at the break when he collided with Master Rick( see above) and rushed up only to tire from early efforts. Frank Alexander retired and Big Screen is now in the barn of very capable turf trainer Tom Albertrani. Good things expected! Also, #5 Spring To The Sky, 15-1, is a Darby Dan runner who had early success in Florida and is coming back into form in a big way. Last work over turf course was impressive. I hate the jock change to Mike Luzzi, but what are you going to do when Johnny, Javier, Jose, Julien, and last but not least, Rosie, hit the road for Louisville?
    Going for coffee and will come back to look at CD card.

Another mention on the Hill Prince. I had time last night to watch replays and if you are playing verticals you better use Mr. Handsome he is coming out of the stakes race on Preakness day and was much the best as he was mugged the entire race and still only lost a neck. Go watch the replay and this one is a must use and will be there at the wire with a clean trip. That was his first race on the weeds and was very impressive!!!!! I will be keying him and Filmshot in tri's and super to crush that race. I'm aobut to head ot my little girl's dance show. How much can change in a week. Last week at this time I was on my 4th bloody mary at Belmont Park and JG was killem the beers and we were waiting on Nate and crew to show. Here we are today JG off to a party for one of his boys and myself going to see my little filly strut her stuff on stage.

gl,fb
    edited June 2012
    Great info on Mr. Handsome. He is out of Rock Hard Ten(Kris S) and a Gone West mare and these Rock Hard Ten have been super on the turf. I sure hope the Hill Prince is a tote explosion, I like three 15-1 and a 12-1!

In the Foster, I like the angle of a fresh player, and Nate's Mineshaft and others are coming in after a grueling stretch of top races. I have made a small fortune off of Alternation the past few months, but I'm getting off today and going with Ron The Greek and Nehro. If Wise Dan runs back to his last we are all wrong, but the likelihood of him doing so is slim to none and a down bounce is very likely. If C Nak gets Nehro to relax and forget about the leaders, and he does not wait too long to pull the trigger, Nehro should be fun to watch the last 100 yards. Ron The Greek is the fresh face and he will stalk the early leaders and make his presence known around 5/8 pole when the early leaders start gasping for air. Alternation is just plain due for a break and it could show today. Von Hemel refused to let him do anything in his last work, and that is not Little Donnie's m.o. unless he feels the horse is struggling? We'll see, should be a great match-up between some of the best older in the country!

Word from NY is that Chad Brown has a French turf runner who is making U.S. debut today in the 6th. #8 Dealbata, 3-1, is said to be looking like a good one and gets lasix and Ramon. BTW, I am told to look at everything Ramon is on today at Belmont!
    edited June 2012
    Film shot did not embarass us
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Oh man.....that one hurt
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    It only hurts because of the prices we're getting.
    edited June 2012
    The last 1/8 for handicapp horses in the Foster was 14.18 sec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is horrible for older horses!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have some bad handicapp horses in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Royal Delta ran 1:49.2 and the males ran 150.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all better watch out for the Cali horses in the BC Classic. Bodemeister can out run these mules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He already did it on Ark derby day and Preakness day. The Pimilico Special on a faster track was way slower than the Preakness. The same as Oaklawn Handicapp and Ark Derby. Our older colts are bad!!!!
    edited June 2012
    Great info on Mr. Handsome. He is out of Rock Hard Ten(Kris S) and a Gone West mare and these Rock Hard Ten have been super on the turf. I sure hope the Hill Prince is a tote explosion, I like three 15-1 and a 12-1!

In the Foster, I like the angle of a fresh player, and Nate's Mineshaft and others are coming in after a grueling stretch of top races. I have made a small fortune off of Alternation the past few months, but I'm getting off today and going with Ron The Greek and Nehro. If Wise Dan runs back to his last we are all wrong, but the likelihood of him doing so is slim to none and a down bounce is very likely. If C Nak gets Nehro to relax and forget about the leaders, and he does not wait too long to pull the trigger, Nehro should be fun to watch the last 100 yards. Ron The Greek is the fresh face and he will stalk the early leaders and make his presence known around 5/8 pole when the early leaders start gasping for air. Alternation is just plain due for a break and it could show today. Von Hemel refused to let him do anything in his last work, and that is not Little Donnie's m.o. unless he feels the horse is struggling? We'll see, should be a great match-up between some of the best older in the country!

Word from NY is that Chad Brown has a French turf runner who is making U.S. debut today in the 6th. #8 Dealbata, 3-1, is said to be looking like a good one and gets lasix and Ramon. BTW, I am told to look at everything Ramon is on today at Belmont!

I hoped you shined them up real good for that horn section, as you should be doing the James Brown right about now!!!!!!! Great Call on Ron The Greek!!!!!!!!!!!! CASH MONEY!!!!! JG!!!!!!