Friday baseball

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
A couple of plays i like today...

White Sox (Sale) -130 vs. Brewers (Greinke)

Sale has been incredible, especially at home, while Greinke definitely doesn't perform as well on the road as he does in Milwaukee.

A's (Parker) -115 vs. Giants (Lincecum)

Strong play here. Top pitching prospect Jarrod Parker has been terrific since being called up from the minors a couple of months ago, basically becoming the staff ace as soon as he arrived. I think he's had one bad start, that's it. Meanwhile, Lincecum has been one of the worst pitchers in the majors all season (go figure), as has yet to show any improvement at all. It's gotten so bad that the Giants brass has openly discussed skipping one of his starts, or perhpas sending him to the bullpen. And as an added bonus, the A's are red-hot right now, having won 8 of their last 9 games (after beating Clayton Kershaw yesterday). Great price, and it's actually come DOWN a bit from the overnight line of -120. Just looks like a mismatch to me based on the current situations. Pitching-wise, anyway.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Brilliant effort by Sale, but the score is still 0-0 after 8 innings. Need some offense here.....
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Nothing like both starters pitching lights out and getting burned by the lack of offense and bullpen
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Particularly tough beat on the A's, who were leading 3-1 in the 9th inning before they choked it away.

And i thought the Sale loss was tough...good grief!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I played them with you, nothing pisses me off more than losing while leading by two runs going into the 9th!!!!! Right side but wrong side on the outcome, that's the way the ball bounces in this game. THICK SKIN!!!!!!!