Churchill play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill - Race 10

#3 Blueeyesintherein (5/2 ml)

Looks like a fast and talented young filly here. Was able to draw away impressively thru the stretch while under virtually no urging at all, that after hitting the half-mile mark in a very solid 45.1 seconds. That's significant, because no one else on that day's card got a half-mile in less than 46 flat (all longer races, of course, but still). Also worth mentioning, the gray filly who ran second that day (Shesakitty, also entered here) was traveling very smoothly in hand down the backstretch after breaking slowly, and came rallying strongly when asked entering the stretch. Will probably appreciate the extra distance here, and figures closer early with any kind of clean break. Think she may just be overmatched by Blueeyesinthereiun, but decent chance they can run 1-2 again, i think. Might be some value on that combination (as well as making Blueeyesintherein playable) with the entry of the new Asmussen purchase from Arlington (Richie'slilcowgirl). That one didn't really stick out to me based on the other fractional times run @ Arlington that day, so i think she may be a little overrated here, while hopefully drawing alot of money at the windows.

HRT record:

86 for 320 (27%)

$734.00 mutuels ($8.53 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Blueeyesintherein wins @ $4.00

Almost had the exacta too, as Shesakitty ran third.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Blueeyesintherein wins @ $4.00

Almost had the exacta too, as Shesakitty ran third.

Thank you for this. So much fun watching your animal win that easily.
    edited June 2012
    Just an FYI, prior to Blueeyesintherein's debut, she had worked heads-up from the gate on two occasions with an unraced 3yo filly named Tequila Belle. Expecting that one will be entered pretty soon...
  • dowdenadowdena Junior Member
    edited July 2012
    Tequila Belle is entered tommorrow at Ellis Park....seventh race...16.000 mc.....
    edited July 2012
    Yes, you're correct. I do plan on playing that one. Note however that she's listed as a William Bradley trainee, rather than a Garry Simms trainee. Not sure what that's all about. And she certainly can't be a private purchase if she's starting for a $16,000 tag. Then there's the issue of the $16,000 tag itself.....why???

The whole thing looks very strange. The only thing i can really come up with is that Simms isn't stabled at Ellis (i have no idea whether he is or not), so she's basically a loaner for the race, and will be going back to Simms afterward (assuming she isn't claimed). Not much of a theory, but it's all i can think of. Unless maybe she was always trained by Bradley, and he and Simms just had some kind of agreement to work the two horses together. Odd match though, a now unbeaten 2yo stakes winner with a 3yo maiden claimer. On the bright side though, the competion doesn't figure to be real tough, so there's that. Good luck if you decide to play.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Tequila Belle always with Buff Bradley, just working with Simms horses. Owner, Jack Reisz, has a long relationship with the Bradley family. They have owned several together. Interesting, Reisz also now ownes sire, Kela, who won over a million runing back around 2000-2004, including most graded stakes on West Coast.
    a real sprinter was Kela, and his daughter may just have some of his speed. Not unusual for these Kentucky horsemen to debut a fillie in a clm race and hope to pick-up purse money. If they lose her, so what, they will breed another or have several waiting in the wings. Greta Kuntsweiller in the irons will only add to the price. I'm in---how about you?
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Yes, you're correct. I do plan on playing that one. Note however that she's listed as a William Bradley trainee, rather than a Garry Simms trainee. Not sure what that's all about. And she certainly can't be a private purchase if she's starting for a $16,000 tag. Then there's the issue of the $16,000 tag itself.....why???

The whole thing looks very strange. The only thing i can really come up with is that Simms isn't stabled at Ellis (i have no idea whether he is or not), so she's basically a loaner for the race, and will be going back to Simms afterward (assuming she isn't claimed). Not much of a theory, but it's all i can think of. Unless maybe she was always trained by Bradley, and he and Simms just had some kind of agreement to work the two horses together. Odd match though, a now unbeaten 2yo stakes winner with a 3yo maiden claimer. On the bright side though, the competion doesn't figure to be real tough, so there's that. Good luck if you decide to play.

a now unbeaten 2yo stakes winner with a 3yo maiden claimer

this to me sounds like good claimer wow.. :drinking:
    im goint to bet her :yes:
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Based on the call I just got from Lexington, don't think we will get anywhere near 4-1 on firster Tequila Belle. Word is out! Apparently her last work at CD was a real showstopper! Only ones who bested her that morning are Saratoga Stakes bound horses. Too bad!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    If this horse worked that well with a stakes winner, then there is now way they run her for a 16k tag. Something has went wrong since that work IMO!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    Tequila Belle ran second @ 5/1. Took the lead right from the start, went clear by 2-3 lengths in upper stretch, but then got tired and couldn't make it the entire 7 furlongs. Pretty sure she would've won at a shorter trip. Tough beat at that kind of price.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Blueeyesintherein runs on the Oaks undercard in the Eight Belles Stakes.
    Thoughts on her chances tomorrow?

The race is quite possibly one of the most wide open events I've ever gone over. I normally don't like horses that run so early on in their career and then return as a 3yo (most seem to never return to stakes form). This one, however, returned with a real strong effort in the Instant Racing @ Oaklawn. She has an 8-1 morning line and may offer some good value in a wide open field.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Blueeyesintherein runs on the Oaks undercard in the Eight Belles Stakes.
    Thoughts on her chances tomorrow?

The race is quite possibly one of the most wide open events I've ever gone over. I normally don't like horses that run so early on in their career and then return as a 3yo (most seem to never return to stakes form). This one, however, returned with a real strong effort in the Instant Racing @ Oaklawn. She has an 8-1 morning line and may offer some good value in a wide open field.

How bad are Mike B's M/L, there is now way this gril goes off at those odds, maybe 5/1 at best. These M/L makers are flat out horrible. I played the entire Gulfstream meet and it was absolute unreal.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow 8-1 m/l on that horse. Leaning a bit towards Spring Venture. Any picks for the derby? Having a hard time choosing between a few horses
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    How bad are Mike B's M/L, there is now way this gril goes off at those odds, maybe 5/1 at best. These M/L makers are flat out horrible. I played the entire Gulfstream meet and it was absolute unreal.

I swear his awful morning lines hurt me far too often. I guarantee there are plenty of others who will be laying down good money in the morning thinking they are going to get that price. I won't be surprised if she opens up under half that.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Mike B's Morning Lines are like his race calling, not worth a shit.