Very interesting 2yo performance today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Would like to get you guys' impression of this horse. She's the #6 horse in the red-and-white silks, named Tap Twenty One. She absolutely butchered the break to be off dead-last, then was some 15 lengths off the lead while racing down the backstretch. Looked like the rider just threw in the towel after the tough start. That being said, she came into the stretch still waaaay behind, at which point the rider seemed to let her run a little bit just to see what she had. Just took off running at that point, passing most of the field thru the stretch to somehow get up for 4th, and then, shockingly, blew right past the winner on the gallop-out not too far past the finish line. Wondering if i'm making too much of this, so i wanted to get everyone's opinion here. Have a look...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/CD/2012/6/30/2/race-2

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Worth a play back, looked as the switch went off after getting mauled at the break. Big run from way back and wasn't really even asked from the jock.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Would like to get you guys' impression of this horse. She's the #6 horse in the red-and-white silks, named Tap Twenty One. She absolutely butchered the break to be off dead-last, then was some 15 lengths off the lead while racing down the backstretch. Looked like the rider just threw in the towel after the tough start. That being said, she came into the stretch still waaaay behind, at which point the rider seemed to let her run a little bit just to see what she had. Just took off running at that point, passing most of the field thru the stretch to somehow get up for 4th, and then, shockingly, blew right past the winner on the gallop-out not too far past the finish line. Wondering if i'm making too much of this, so i wanted to get everyone's opinion here. Have a look...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/CD/2012/6/30/2/race-2

wow she looked good she need to practice coming out the gate .
    but impressive run,, it looks like distance is her friend

Tap21.,, one to look out for.
    ====
    Brown Eyes Blue= Big Brown's daughter ran a good1 :thumbup1:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Just an FYI, two horses that have worked with Tap Twenty One are entered @ Churchill today. Those being Neon Moon in the 1st, and Mio d'Oro in the 6th. Both are longshots, so keep an eye out.

Incidentally, if one or both run well, that would make Tap 21 look just a little bit better for next time...
    edited July 2012
    Tap Twenty One has been relocated to Saratoga. Worked on the 25th; hopefully will be entered this weekend.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Looked like she stumbled a little bit out of the gate. One to watch, I think. She could pay a nice price next time out.
    edited August 2012
    Tap Twenty One indeed worked 4 furlongs this morning. Looks like a blowout for a race this weekend (or Monday), i think.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    Cat, I'm sure you know but Brown Eyes Blue who won the race Tap came out of got slaughtered last Friday in the Stakes race, so be careful on Tap Twenty One
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, i saw that. It seemed pretty apparent that Brown Eyes Blue was overmatched on that race though. Besides, i think Tap Twenty One was probably the best horse in that Churchill maiden race, and she'll be facing maidens when she's entered, not a field full of winners.

All this being said, i always try to keep an open mind when handicapping a race, And i have no idea who Tap Twenty One will be entered against. I do feel confident that she'll be somewhat overlooked on the toteboard though, as her running line in the form won't accurately represent her effort from the Churchill race. Plus, she's not from one of the major barns, which always helps.
    edited August 2012
    Tap Twenty One is entered on Sunday. Two turns on grass.
    edited August 2012
    Bump.
  • drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Yes she had a troubled trip, but shoulda stayed in Kentucky. Competition much tougher her-Skyfall and double tapped too tough for her.
    edited August 2012
    We shall see.

Personally, i think the main threat is Win For Kitten (12/1 ml).
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Off the turf; Tap twenty one still in
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    drbillym wrote: »
    Yes she had a troubled trip, but shoulda stayed in Kentucky. Competition much tougher her-Skyfall and double tapped too tough for her.

Double Tapped also failed to win in Kentucky...twice.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Opened as 8/5 favorite. Heavy favorite in the double WILL PAYS.
    edited August 2012
    Fucking female riders.
    edited August 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Fucking female riders.

In fact, I will NEVER bet one again. Losing angle period.
    edited August 2012
    In fact, I will NEVER bet one again. Losing angle period.

This ride honestly makes me think of what I would look like trying to ride a horse in a race. Amateur riding at its best from Rosie.
    edited August 2012
    Fucking female riders.
    it wasn't her fault this is not the race " Seven Furlongs On The Dirt - Originally Scheduled For One And One Sixteenth Miles On Turf"
    Track Condition: Sloppy

the ride in the slop was sloppy, traffic/mud ,slow horses in front, tuff Horse, has heart, to come back and place 2nd.
    makes the odds better for future races.:shrr:
    edited August 2012
    KP-HR2k9 wrote: »
    it wasn't her fault this is not the race " Seven Furlongs On The Dirt - Originally Scheduled For One And One Sixteenth Miles On Turf"

the ride in the slop was sloppy, traffic/mud ,slow horses in front, tuff Horse, has heart, to come back and place 2nd.

Um no. She fucked up all our money today. You are a moron if you don't think that was terrible. Fuck that stupid bitch. Fuck you if you disagree. I haven't seen a ride that bad since Tyler Baze.
    edited August 2012
    KP-HR2k9 wrote: »

I'm sorry but you put another rider on him and the race would have been won.
    edited August 2012
    I wasn't real happy with the ride either.

Only bright spot today was that Win For Kitten got scratched. Wouldn't mind seeing him turn up in a two-turn grass race next week...
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    This ride honestly makes me think of what I would look like trying to ride a horse in a race. Amateur riding at its best from Rosie.

lol she has been terrible at this Saratoga meet. As for good odds next time watched the replays on MSG and after that race Jason Blewitt says the horse will be 2/5 next out
    edited August 2012
    Um no. She fucked up all our money today. You are a moron if you don't think that was terrible. Fuck that stupid bitch. Fuck you if you disagree. I haven't seen a ride that bad since Tyler Baze.

i don't follow her , is to bad she cost you a winning ticket, better luck next time:cool2:

lol Fk that bioch hahahah wow ........

but the horse is really good ,closer@the wire it must love 1mile Plus,,,,,

she got under your skin .. brush it of your shoulders player ..
    On2the next1.....
    :yes:
    edited August 2012
    Only bright spot today was that Win For Kitten got scratched. Wouldn't mind seeing him turn up in a two-turn grass race next week...

Updating this one....just saw that he worked heads-up with Da Mi Basia Mille several days ago (post-scratch). Da Mi Basia Mille was last seen winning a two-turn maiden turfer in 1:42 and change back on July 23. Win For Kitten had also previously worked heads-up with Da Mi Basia Mille (on turf) back on July 9, prior to that one's impressive win. :shifty:
    edited August 2012
    Tap Twenty One is entered back on Saturday, two turns on grass.

Btw.............Napravnik off, Leparoux on
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Tap Twenty One is entered back on Saturday, two turns on grass.

First thing I noticed when I seen this one entered that Napravnik wasn't riding. Love the rider switch
    edited August 2012

Thank God.
    edited August 2012
    Updating this one....just saw that he worked heads-up with Da Mi Basia Mille several days ago (post-scratch). Da Mi Basia Mille was last seen winning a two-turn maiden turfer in 1:42 and change back on July 23. Win For Kitten had also previously worked heads-up with Da Mi Basia Mille (on turf) back on July 9, prior to that one's impressive win. :shifty:

Win For Kitten scratched today @ Saratoga; also entered (apparently as a backup plan) @ Monmouth on Sunday.

PS - Note that she was listed @ 12/1 ml when originally entered a few weeks ago, but today was listed @ 5/2 ml (as part of an entry). Hope that doesn't carry over to Sunday...
    edited February 2013
    FlyinLate wrote: »

Upping for anyone who thinks she turned into Pat Day overnight.