Paging Mr. Greenhaw

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Horsepower?

Saw he was a Dogwood, hoping you might have some info here. Worked a heads-up bullet on June 26 with Justin Phillip, who was last seen running a close second (less than a length) in the Grade 2 True North Handicap last month. Wow! Also appears to have outworked Let's Have Us One (from the gate) in the dril before that, and that LHUO was last seen running 3rd in a Churchill maiden race (beaten roughly 5 lengths).

Anything else you can tell us?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Sorry, i goofed. Palace Malice is the Dogwood. Horsepower comes via Fox Hill Farms (FB?).
    edited July 2012
    Found a nice little nugget here on the Fox Hill Farm site, straight frrom Rick Porter (posted in mid-May):

"All the two year olds that are with my four trainers are doing great. All are very happy with their horses. Steve Asmussen called me this morning and said he loves Horsepower and is going to blow him out tomorrow morning at Belmont. He is going to go 3/8ths."
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2012
    Most impressive group of two-year olds assembled to-date. I have a feeling this will go down as a "Key Race"

Porter sent Horsepower to the Assman as opposed to Cowboy Larry Jones. Don't know if that means anything or not? Most of these are big time bloodlines who will want more than 5 furlongs. Also of note, Kieran sends out two in here and both race without Lasix, which may mean nothing or may mean that McLaughlin has BC in mind?

I'm thinking about taking a shot in here on the one with sprinter bloodline, #6 Carried Interest, who is out of Henny Hughes and has some pretty good work times. Should be one hell of a sprint race to watch, and every horse in here has a legit shot! I have a small involvement with Palice Malice, who is the ml fav due to being in the TAP barn, but his sire, Curlin, took a while to develop. The timing of this race sets up perfectly for Saratoga, and you will see many of these face-off again next month. I just don't think 5 furlongs for these is an indication of their talent?
    edited July 2012
    For whatever that's worth. I have Palice Malice working with two unraced horses named Forever Thing and El Duro, so no info there. I also believe (but can't remember for sure) that he previously had worked with a Pletcher firster who lost @ Monmouth. As for his sale time, he worked in 10 1/5 @ the Keeneland sale, two ticks off the show's best time of 9 4/5. Hoping this one gets bet through the floor, because i don't think he's going to win (sorry John).

Regarding your pick Carried Interest, he was actually the first one i looked at. As mentioned in my pick thread yesterday, owner Klaravich Stables has long been deadly with firster bought out of the 2yo's-in-training sales, and most (all?) of them used to be trained by Violette (as this one is). It seemed like last year he sent best stock to Terri Pompay @ Monmouth (she actually sent Currency Swap to Saratoga for that one's longshot debut win, so watch for taht angle this year, btw). So perhaps Violette is getting the second-stringers now, and that would seem to be backed up by Violette's pitiful record with firsters recently (1-for-22 over the last 18 months). This one did work a furlong in 10.0 at the March OBS though, one tick off the show's best (same as Boss Man Rocket, btw). And Violette is still Klaravich's New York guy, as far as i know. Would be no big surprise, aside from Violette's sudden lack of proficiency with firsters (again, a stark contrast to what he was doing a few years ago).
    edited July 2012
    Boss Man Rocket is owned by Arkansas car dealer Frank Fletcher, who loves this game! He has gone big time at auctions lately and last year spent willingly so he would have stock good enough to send to Bob Baffert. Those have not worked out very well to-date, so this $800k purchase out of War Front goes to Bill Mott.

Car Dealers and horses! Go figure?

Forbes Firsters on the NYRA web site says this is the most expensive offspring by War Front.

Palice Malice will not be asked to go a blazing speed in his debut. TAP just wants him to get out and run in a race. Hopefully, better things await down the road when these baby races get a little longer.
    edited July 2012
    The original plan for Palice Malice was a Saratoga debut going 7 furlongs. Only reason he goes today is that he is ready to race and this will set him up for a race at the Spa going longer. Palice Malice has a ground-devouring stride and we are all going to watch and see how he finishes up in this baby 5f sprint. However, he would not be a total surprise if he kicks it in and gets part of the purse. But longer will suit his style much better!
    edited July 2012
    Thank you sir. Good luck with Palice Malice down the road. :toast:
    edited July 2012
    Dammit.

Nice call with Carried Interest, John. And congrats on the nice second-place effort by Palace Malice. It was 8 lengths back to Horsepower in third....wow

FYI, Carried Interest worked heads-up with an unraced horse named Go Get The Basil in his final drill coming into this race. Also had worked hedas-up from the gate back on June 7 with an as-yet-unnamed horse out of the dam Ruby Summer.

As mentioned above, Palace Malice's two most recent drills came heads-up with Forever Thing (June 29) and El Duro (June 15).
    edited July 2012
    Final time 56 3/5.....................wow!!!
    edited July 2012
    Thanks DC

Everybody, especially Todd himself, is really happy with Palice Malice performance. He showed good early speed on the rail and bulled his way into contention in the stretch, which is what you want to see from a firster baby, and was coming late to the winner going 5 furlongs. We don't think we have seen the best of him yet? He did not run past the winner late but Castellano reported that he wrapped up on him about the finish and did not let him run out. TAP does not think we saw his best stride yet and he cannot wait until he goes longer! javier is absolutely smitten with hope as he said this baby showed the heart of a future champion! We sure hope he is right!
    edited August 2012
    Dammit.

Nice call with Carried Interest, John. And congrats on the nice second-place effort by Palace Malice. It was 8 lengths back to Horsepower in third....wow

FYI, Carried Interest worked heads-up with an unraced horse named Go Get The Basil in his final drill coming into this race. Also had worked hedas-up from the gate back on June 7 with an as-yet-unnamed horse out of the dam Ruby Summer.

As mentioned above, Palace Malice's two most recent drills came heads-up with Forever Thing (June 29) and El Duro (June 15).

Go Get The Basil and the Ruby Summer filly are each running @ Saratoga today. Actually, the Ruby Summer filly already lost (in Race 5). Hopefully, Go Get The Basil will fare better....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Boss Man Rocket is owned by Arkansas car dealer Frank Fletcher, who loves this game! He has gone big time at auctions lately and last year spent willingly so he would have stock good enough to send to Bob Baffert. Those have not worked out very well to-date, so this $800k purchase out of War Front goes to Bill Mott.

Car Dealers and horses! Go figure?

A little birdie told me Frank Fletcher is fucking around with the same whore who fucked up Bobby Petrino's life. She must have the best fake tits in Arkansas, but I'm sure she'll find away to fuck this guy over (and I think he has it coming - wish she would find Rick Porter next).
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    A little birdie told me Frank Fletcher is fucking around with the same whore who fucked up Bobby Petrino's life. She must have the best fake tits in Arkansas, but I'm sure she'll find away to fuck this guy over (and I think he has it coming - wish she would find Rick Porter next).

HRT meets TMZ
    edited September 2012
    Lol.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

I should correct this info:

This is the girl they are both alleged (it's true) to have been fucking:
    alison-melder-pictures-05.jpg

This is the girl Petrino was caught with (pictured with husband lol):
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn0HdRPYPe-QHUwd4YihRmgk3RiMy-W90IUOd1Hi_ZnX8zt2zn

And the moral of the story:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVJusXZVdo8mmWxbK9OeBhHaubaRavVwWYnovqsqs4q2wwJC4WVA
    edited September 2012
    TOO FUNNY!!!

Rick Porter ain't got a prayer of getting thru a romp with the brunette. That little bow-tie wearing little geek car dealer would probably rather take an S & M knock-down from Tiny Lister!