Spa Whitney Saturday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Here are a few to look at. I feel for Mike and the rest of you going tomorrow. If I read the weather right, going to be around 95 degrees and humid. BRUTAL!

3rd---#2 Boss Man Rocket, 4-1
2nd time starter from Frank Fletcher Racing who he sent to Mott after last years 3 yo's who went to Baffert didn't fare so well. Unfortunate in his first out to catch the likes of Carried Interest and Palice Malice. Didn't matter as he came out sideways and got checked right off the go. He has come back to work strong, really strong.

4th---#3 Windafull, 7/2
NY owner/breeder Lynda Hayes thinks alot of this one.

5th---#2 Matagot, 12-1
Aron Wellman paid alot for this one and I was offered a share. Too pricey for my blood and he looked like a true turf horse. Guess what, he makes his debut on the weeds!

7th---Lasix race---or the lack thereof!
It's amazing to me how many blue-bloods are not using lasix. I'm going with the ones who are! Key #8 Palice Malice over the 1/2/3 in ex and tri.

8th---#1 La Cloche, 7/2
In form and on a roll. Won for us big a while back and wheels right back!

9th---#7 Jazzy Idea, 12-1
As most of you already know, Ed and Elizabeth Merryman are top horse folks from Maryland and they don't ship to the Spa for shits and grins! Abundance of speed sets this race up perfect for this live longshot. Note that Johnny takes the call!

11th---#7 Junebugred,
Broke maiden in fine fashion last winter at Aqueduct and promptly came south to win Oaklawn Smarty Jones Stakes. Broke down in the Southwest Stakes but has come back to fine form, firing excellent works at Monmouth. Should offer a big price as nobody in upstate NY knows who the hell Steve Hobby is---nor should they! This gutsy little colt may just be alot better than the competition in here, and could pull a big score first back?

Man, just try to stay cool in that sauna, and remember, it don't mean nothing to shove an old lady away from a fan when you need one!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you sir. I also like Boss Man Rocket in the 3rd. Like your pick in the 5th with Leparoux/Pletcher seems like he has been riding like he has something to prove. As long as the cooler stays cool with booze I think we might survive. Survived with the wife last year in record heat think it hit 100 that day.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Thank you sir. I also like Boss Man Rocket in the 3rd. Like your pick in the 5th with Leparoux/Pletcher seems like he has been riding like he has something to prove. As long as the cooler stays cool with booze I think we might survive. Survived with the wife last year in record heat think it hit 100 that day.

You should try Del Mar.
    edited August 2012
    JG Good luck in the 7th today with Palace Malice. Will be at the winners circle today with the camera flashing!!!
    edited August 2012
    Wow can't beat a $44 exacta congrats
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Grats on Palace Malice JG!
    edited August 2012
    Got a bunch of pics