Pletcher at the SPA

ShowDoughShowDough Banned
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Ok all you PLETCHER bandwagon butt-heads, here are some stats

He has had 66 starters: 16 wins. 11 seconds. 9 thirds 24.2%. 54.55 ITM

Chad Brown. 39 starts: 13 wins. 9 seconds 5 thirds. 33.33% 69.23% ITM

Brown has 27 less starts!!

It's hard for Chad to beat TOAD at the Spa, especially on Thursday, TOAD has 2 entered in a 6 horse race. TOAD is one of the MOST over rated trainers ever. A real used car salesman!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Sorry Showdough, I could not disagree more.

When you have a horse good enough to be part of the TAP stable, you can rest assured that you're horse is not sitting around a stall all day. Walking shedrow, gate training, wash and rub down , and more work during the day. TAP daily rate is the highest, but you get what you pay for. If you're horse does not turn out to be a graded stakes type, TAP will advise you to take it elsewhere. I know---I've been there!

The stats that you base this opinion on are correct, but Chad Brown has had the benefit of riding the coat tails of Bobby Frankel, and Chad Brown is a true asshole! TAP may come across that way when on camera, but that is a true misconception of what he is like in person. TAP is a true horseman who knows what it takes to be successful in a very tough game, and he is as dillegent at his craft as any trainer who ever worked the sport.

I just wished I had a couple every year good enough to go to his stable!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012

When you have a horse good enough to be part of the TAP stable, you can rest assured that you're horse is not sitting around a stall all day. Walking shedrow, gate training, wash and rub down , and more work during the day. TAP daily rate is the highest, but you get what you pay for. If you're horse does not turn out to be a graded stakes type, TAP will advise you to take it elsewhere. I know---I've been there!

The stats that you base this opinion on are correct, but Chad Brown has had the benefit of riding the coat tails of Bobby Frankel, and Chad Brown is a true asshole! TAP may come across that way when on camera, but that is a true misconception of what he is like in person. TAP is a true horseman who knows what it takes to be successful in a very tough game, and he is as dillegent at his craft as any trainer who ever worked the sport.

I always thought TAP had a bit of an ego which showed last year with the way he handled Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    But he is lethal with 2 yos at Saratoga. Not sure I would pick anyone else if I had the shot.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012

HRT members believe this man! John has first hand knowledge of these trainers having dealt with them as a horse owner. Its easily to dislike TAP for a few reasons, but there is a reason top horses continually are in his barns, and I can assure you its not because he's a bad trainer or arrogant.
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    John:

I currently have one horse with Chad. He's been nothing but great with me. I guess it's like ice cream we all have our special flavor. TAP to me is just the " name" to be associated with on the east coast.
    I wish you nothing but luck. But John Gaspsr from Vinery in Lexington introduced me to Chad and he has done everything right.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    ShowDough wrote: »
    John:

I currently have one horse with Chad. He's been nothing but great with me. I guess it's like ice cream we all have our special flavor. TAP to me is just the " name" to be associated with on the east coast.
    I wish you nothing but luck. But John Gaspsr from Vinery in Lexington introduced me to Chad and he has done everything right.

We don't believe you. You're a 14YO kid in the Ukraine with dial-up internet.
  • IH8PATDAYIH8PATDAY Member
    edited August 2012
    I knew I liked this guy ^^^^^ You're not from Philly are you, dirty?
  • ShowDoughShowDough Banned
    edited August 2012
    Dirtyshirt, do you REALLY think you're funny? It amazes me how people typing on there computers always become ROCKY. But in person they don't even break wind!