HRT Polarization

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I've kept my mouth shut long enough, but I haven't hit a goddamn race all day and I'm pissed to the point that I feel like its time to vent a little bit about the direction HRT has come in the past few weeks. I would hope that DC, Fb, FL, Ray, Mike, W2W, Horsin, Turfman, and others who have been insturmental in making this site a damn good one will chime in and, hopefully, agree with me! Sorry for the typos, too much losing and Johnny Walker Black. sure hope Alternation gets there at Remington!

For openers, HRT is not a site, I didn't think, for folks to post contest picks. What we would like for members to do is post info that they have access to that may be helpful in helping others make an informed decision. Fuck! photo in Remington---not sure if Alternation got there?

In any event, we at HRT have been through enough bull shit with the likes of Draynay and others. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing anyone on here presently to the Great Draynay! But we have lost many good posters on HRT because of bull shit posters.

Until you are established as a handicapper who can put out info which is helpful, you will not be taken seriously by many on here who make a serious profit playing this tough game. Therefore, I would respectfully request that all new members at least offer some info as to why they favor certain horses. I don't mean a Mike Watchmaker War And Peace novel, but a little reasoning would be welcomed! Again, this is not a site for throwing out numbers in hopes of recognition and braggin rights.

Still waiting on results for feature at Remington. TVG is just fuckin with me! And while I'm at it, stop fuckin with DirtyShirt. We lost Dirty for a while during the Draynay era and I, for one, really enjoy his posts. I know nothing about California racing and look to him for relevant info.

GREAT---Alternation gets the photo and pays a whopping $3.20---glad to have it!

Well, I've finally hit a race and feel much better. Nevertheless, it is time for all to show the respect we all deserve to each other. This great game we all enjoy is tough enough without having to put up with juvenile crap!

The preceeding rant was bought and paid for by friends of the guy who had a tough day!:wacko:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with you John. I look at this as a helpful source to help me out and maintain me to stay afloat. Example: everytime DC comes out with some firster info and horses that has been working heads up with another one. Without that I would have no idea to be honest. Saying that I dont mean anytime there is info out I go and lay it down on the horse but have some reasoning behind your selections. Today I couldn't even get close but in my few post I gave my thoughts.(wrong) If you just post numbers then dont expect someone on here to take you serious..And dont get offended if no one responds to your post.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I have nothing but respect for many of the posters here. It's the bullshit know-it-all's I like to razz up (3 for 11 in the money on show plays?). And honestly I'm done with SD.

Maybe we should send in our Horsemen's cards for membership...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I for one am probally what would be considered here a casual (Weekend Horseplayer) but whose knowledge has grown 50 fold directly due to HRT. Out of many sites I tried in the past, HRT puts out great, useful and knowleable information on a daily basis. Many big wins in my pocket have come from the Gentlemen and so I do not insult, possible female (Choons81) Not sure if you are male or female) postings of info that could easily been kept quiet but instead was put on the table to help feed the members of HRT. It actually is amazing the amount of very good winners that have come out of this site due to the knowlege here and the many different angles the knowlege seems to come from. We here have been so fortunate to get inside info from FB, JG, Husker, Turfman etc....etc... that you just cannot read in the daily racing form. A long time ago I believe Turfman had posted that if you are trying a new angle (not word for word) but keep your money in your pocket for 30 days and play the angle on paper for 30 days. if it then shows a profit, use it. Again, some great advice and in this case not even picking #3. BOTTOM LINE........... I do agree with John G. There are many sites, blogs and tweets out there to just throw numbers around. if anyone has never seem me post how I pick my plays, again being a weekend person because I do not have time during the week to look at races, In about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour span saturday and sunday mornings I look at the form and look for the several angles that I like in a race. When done I go to the new york post analysis, dave liftin analysis, mike dempsey analysis, Aplusthorobred and compile what i am playing for that day. Many Many Many times have added or deleted a horse due to the information right on HRT. If you ever knew how much DC, w2w, JG Husker, Turfman, Mike, FL, Ray, Choonsie, Trotman Dirty and others have directly increased my bankroll by either a direct play or very sound advise to eliminate one of my plays...... Your right John, We are far from a Site.....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Agree 100% with the sentiments expressed here. I think we have one of the most informative horseracing forums on the internet, and we should strive to keep it that way. At the same time though, we need to welcome the newer members and encouarge them (as in this post) to contribute their thoughts on the races. I do think that we can be a bit territorial and cliquish at times, but i think it's because we care a lot about the forum, and most of us have been around the forums long enough to see how an occasional clown can pop in and start posting garbage and basically stirring up trouble for no reason. And we like to nip that stuff in the bud whenever we can. Not all the new posters are like that though, so i think we need to keep an open mind whenever a newbie shows up. There are plenty of good handicappers out there, and the more we can attract, the better the forum will be...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    I do think that we can be a bit territorial and cliquish at times.

That is putting it nicely. We are worse than a group of popular high school girls.

Mean-girls-mean-girls-23781890-715-557.jpg

I do have to agree with John here. To me the problems are two-fold. Some people are way too critical of other posters and their plays. There is nothing like seeing someone who only posts when someone gave out a losing horse and they have to give their 2 cents after betting on the horse. If you are going to use someone else's plays, it is just as much your fault after you lose as it would be if you handicapped the race yourself. Secondly, there is no reason to be so sensitive. Dirtyshirt, the ideal example, cracks me up. Its an internet forum, nobody should be truly affected by what somebody on here says.
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of cliques, how are we looking on the fantasy football league?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Speaking of cliques, how are we looking on the fantasy football league?

We only have eight now. I'm going to cancel this league out and start one up on that FanTrax site you refered me to. Invites will be sent out tonight. I'll set draft for the evening of September 2.
    edited August 2012
    September 2 is good for me.....thanks!