Sunday Picks

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Arlington Park
Race 1
#7 Radiant Day
This one is a second time starter hailing from the Block barn which does particularly well with maidens. He managed an OK third in his first start where he was wide throughout and never seriously urged by the rider. He shows two extremely sharp works leading up to this and should be fully cranked for this second start.

Saratoga
Race 10
#2 Fully Living
I'm taking a shot again Kaui Katie who is going to be extremely tough to defeat. I'm taking a gamble that one of the other starters is going to try to go with her early and she might faulter. Fully Living, as most of us remember, was the one that defeated Can't Explain in her maiden start. Can't Explain has gone on to run quite well and Fully Living didn't look too bad in her last outing either. She gets an extra half furlong here and should see a slightly hotter pace than in the last. Taking a stab @ the juicy 12-1 odds.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Cisco Torres is on the other Block runner, Yolanda?, who is the ml fav and taking money. Don't you love playing the lesser part of a uncoupled entry? In the 7th--I have a sizeable ex bx with 3-4-7.

I had forgotten that Fully Living is the one who ran down Can't Explain that day. Ouch, still hurts! Speed at Spa right now at the Spa is very dangerous and seems to be holding quite well way out in the middle of the track. GL on that 12-1 pick, but I'm going to single Kaui Katie in the pick 6.

We need to get it in gear for next Saturday! Let me know later in the week if you want to meet on Friday at the track. I should be there by around 3:00.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Cisco Torres is on the other Block runner, Yolanda?, who is the ml fav and taking money. Don't you love playing the lesser part of a uncoupled entry? In the 7th--I have a sizeable ex bx with 3-4-7.

I had forgotten that Fully Living is the one who ran down Can't Explain that day. Ouch, still hurts! Speed at Spa right now at the Spa is very dangerous and seems to be holding quite well way out in the middle of the track. GL on that 12-1 pick, but I'm going to single Kaui Katie in the pick 6.

We need to get it in gear for next Saturday! Let me know later in the week if you want to meet on Friday at the track. I should be there by around 3:00.

Thanks for the luck. I noticed the speed was ridiculous yesterday and I'm doubting too much has changed overnight. I'm just hopeful that Fully Living will sit just off them and hopefully have enough. Good luck to you on Kaui Katie, odds are she destroys this field.

As for Friday, Joe and myself are planning on it. Your 3pm arrival is perfect seeing how Arlington has a 3pm first post on Fridays. If everything goes according to plan we can aim to meet there or we can swing by and pick you up from the hotel. The hotel should about 15 minutes away from the track. I'll call you this week and we can go over everything.
    edited August 2012
    Forgot to mention that we are droping Glackety in today for a tag and afraid we may lose her. Parx 5th--2:04 edt--5/2 ml going 7f against some lesser quality. Glackety has been a good one who has made back our investment but of late she has failed to pick up a good check. Time to give her a chance to run these down late and a little moisture in the track will only help. I hate to lose her but you have to put them in a position to win, and clm $10k look like her appropriate level at this time. No doubt she will be dead last early and comence her run at the turn. She should be able to make some noise against these.
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Arlington Park
    Race 1
    #7 Radiant Day
    This one is a second time starter hailing from the Block barn which does particularly well with maidens. He managed an OK third in his first start where he was wide throughout and never seriously urged by the rider. He shows two extremely sharp works leading up to this and should be fully cranked for this second start.

Nailed late by the 3/5 favorite to lose by a neck @ 5/2. Paid $2.60 to place.
    edited August 2012
    Forgot to mention that we are droping Glackety in today for a tag and afraid we may lose her. Parx 5th--2:04 edt--5/2 ml going 7f against some lesser quality. Glackety has been a good one who has made back our investment but of late she has failed to pick up a good check. Time to give her a chance to run these down late and a little moisture in the track will only help. I hate to lose her but you have to put them in a position to win, and clm $10k look like her appropriate level at this time. No doubt she will be dead last early and comence her run at the turn. She should be able to make some noise against these.

Don't know what Glackety was thinking. Forwardly placed and ran off to win going away. She has never been on the front alone and I was sure she would jump the rail, but, alas, she won going away. Bad news, she was claimed. Some cat named Guadulpe Guerro or something for his wife. I'm told his brother has been warded off all tracks for major infractions. He better treat her right or I will go to Phili and kick his ass(or pay someone to do it). Glackety is one of my favorites and she is a real sweetheart. The kindest and most gentle horse you will ever be around. I feel like I've lost a family member.. If he runs her back for $10 or $12 I may claim her back and send her to Darby Dan for a date with Shackleford. ---Given the rep of Shack, Glackety may prefer to stay in Phili a while longer?
    edited August 2012
    Forgot to mention that the reason she went off at 4/5 was a small play on my part! I've got the jack to get her back!
    edited August 2012
    Forgot to mention that the reason she went off at 4/5 was a small play on my part! I've got the jack to get her back!

Haha I noticed she was 4-1 with about 8min to post. I knew that was too good to be true! Sorry to hear she got claimed, I'll add her to my virtual stables and make sure to relay any updates I get about her being entered.