Paynter out of Travers

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Was just told that Paynter is out of the Travers. Sad news!!!!!!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Nothing like breaking news here before DRF or Bloodhorse :thumbup:

This is, however, very unfortunate. You know how high I've been on this colt all year with his only disappointment coming in the Belmont. Let's hope whatever is keeping him out clears up quickly and this doesn't lead to retirement.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    This official? Guy was telling me yesterday at the track he wasn't going to run thought it was a rumor , hoping anyways. Figured to take a lot of action thought I would get a nice price on Alpha. Forget it now
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me, or do the big Baffert horses have a tendency to get hurt a lot?

Fed Biz, Bodemeister, Take Control, Paynter. All missing major races this year. Seems like a recurring thing with him.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    This official? Guy was telling me yesterday at the track he wasn't going to run thought it was a rumor , hoping anyways. Figured to take a lot of action thought I would get a nice price on Alpha. Forget it now

I guess it's official now. A little late IMO for a horse racing website.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/72029/paynter-out-of-travers-stakes-consideration
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me, or do the big Baffert horses have a tendency to get hurt a lot?

Fed Biz, Bodemeister, Take Control, Paynter. All missing major races this year. Seems like a recurring thing with him.

Agree, could be the workout pattern he uses. But not in Paynter case. He was very ill after the Haskell that is what I was told last week. A little more than a slight temp.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Baffert said he had a 103 temp and he wasnt ruling travers out but it was unlikely. now they say either penn derby or jockey club gold cup.