Arlington Park 8/17 Plays

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Leaving the house in a little over an hour to go pick-up JG and meet Bobby Cline @ Arlington.
Here are a few I like today:

Race 3
#6 Galavant (9/5)
An extremely weak group of maidens here. His main contender, the #8 Wildcat Honey, was defeated in his last by a horse that came out of the last common race with Galavant here. That runner, whom Galavant finished a few lengths clear of, came back to win next out defeating Wildcat Honey. Price will be short, but if Galavant cant win here, I dont expect him to see the winners circle anytime soon.

Race 5
#2 Shue View (9/2)
Comes out of a common race with Cardston where Shue View was the only horse to really make up any ground on the leaders. The extra half furlong should only help this one's cause and I if any of the newcomers are quick enough to pressure Cardston enough, he should run by them late. The less than prominent connections should keep this one at a fair price.

Race 7
#5 Bodacious Bets (15-1)
Watch the tote here. The workouts have been nothing short of stellar and this one is kicking the stable down to get out and run. Two miserable efforts last year should keep the price playable. If this one takes money, don't be afraid. If they avoid him on the board, beware.

Race 9
#2 Scissortail G (5-1)
This one was clearly second best in a maiden race which has been coming back live. The 3rd place finisher came back to win (running not nearly as good as Scissortail G in common race) and the 6th place finisher came back to hit the board as well. Scissortail G nearly outran his odds and Donnie Van Hemmel's lack of winners with firsters in his last. A good recent work shows this one is ready to fire. Expect him to take some money but expect Shesakitty to take a vast majority of it.
Best Bet - Bet WP and Exacta Box w/ Shesakitty.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Well FL what is the course looking like for the big day tomorrow...suppose to be nice tomorrow so if you go good luck..have you guys had any rain or are we looking at some firm ground..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    rayphil wrote: »
    Well FL what is the course looking like for the big day tomorrow...suppose to be nice tomorrow so if you go good luck..have you guys had any rain or are we looking at some firm ground..

Can't imagine they're not out drinking right now.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    very true...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Hard to gague Arlington turf track based on yesterday's card. Most were 5 1/2 sprints, and although listed as yielding, speed was king, except the 8th, which was the old jockey race going one mile. They definitely have let the grass grow a little higher than usual. I'm going to watch the early races and see if I can detect any bias?
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    If speed is holding up Race 9 #6 LADY MICAELA can certainly wire them. going to do a w/p and an exacta box with FL's two listed and also a tri box with them.
    edited August 2012
    Ours Scratched doing a tri 9,9,10 with 7,9,10 with 1,4,8,9
    edited August 2012
    7,9,10 with 7,9,10 with 1,4,8,9
    edited August 2012
    Not today