Arlington Full Card for Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Well boys enjoy the great day of racing and I sure wish I was there with you all!!!!!! Have a great time and cash some big mutuals!!!! Nate enjoy your day I remember mine very much as I tore Tampa up with my frieds Tampa Bay Downs, Mons Venus, and Tampa Bay bucs crushing San Fran in Raymond James in a divisional Playoff game on there way to a Super Bowl win!!!! Oh yea think we went to Babydolls as well really cannot recall that!!!!!!!!!!! Woke up with my hotel suite door wide open with about 10k large laying all over my room!!!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!!

Arlington Park

August 18, 2012

Arlington Million Day Review

Race 1

This is a decent little stakes race to open the card, a nice gesture by Arlington Park racing office. There are several win contenders in this race as I wouldn’t take the a short price on Hammer’s Terror say this one run live at FG and was suppose to make some noise on the local Triple Crown circuit but failed. I’m looking at #5 Hogy as a nice value play in here and is coming off a nice win a 100k claiming event over this surface. His best races have been on the sticky stuff and he has kept good company all year.

#5 – Hogy – WP

Race 2

Another nice weed race carded today at Arlington, I picked up a little tid bit from JG this morning and I’m going with #9 Cool C Note as he looks the lone speed in this race with the Frogman in the saddle. The only thing that concerns me is that Michael Tomlinson the trainer is 0-19 at this meet with his runners. I cannot see this gelding not hitting the board might make a C Note ladder play on this one.

#9 – Cool C Note – WPS ladder play

Race 3

This is a horrible race at first glance I was going to go with #5 – Toast With Honey off that strong maiden win two weeks ago that is above par for this group, then I noticed Cisco Torres jumped ship to #3 – Blarney d’OR???? This race has me baffled and I will not make a win bet here and go the route of a 5 horse exotic box.

2-3-5-7-11

Race 4

What a beautiful weed race for 2yo’s, there are several sharp trainers in this race and at first glance I was going to with the Thomas Proctor entry but after really breaking down this race I’m going with a long shot that I really love. When I really broke this race down I have fallen in love with the Shadwell homebred in #3 – Mughaadir for Danny Peitz. Danny P can spot them on the weeds as well as the other trainers in here. Love the price on this one and he might climb from that 10-1 ml before post.

#3 – Mughaadir – WPS

Race 5

This chalk looks tough in this one as they thought a lot of her to ship to Cali for the Grade 1 American Oaks. No runners in here today of that caliber. A solid single in verticals.

Race 6

I love Wayne C in this one off the re-claim. I won’t be long winded on why I like this one , jus t don’t leave the widow and be the first on to collect after he crosses the wire in easy fashion.

Don’t Leave The Window - #6 – Prince Of Speed – WP

Race 7

Well we get to the meat of the card today. I spoke to my Euro contact that I meet in 2008 at the Kentucky Derby through mutual friends from New York that as well are very connected in the sport. He stated to this morning that Jakkalberry looks like the millionaire he is. He stated he looks like the one Euro that should run his race and win this one as his trainer Marco B has won over here with Gitano Herando in the Goodwood. But he stated several times that another Euro has really started looking great in flesh and coat. Stated the horse have looked AWESOME over the track this past two days and is looking to run a huge race today. He has Fallon in the saddle and is listed at 15-1 on the ML and the horse I’m speaking of is Bridge of Gold.

#8 – Jakkalberry and #12 Bridge of Gold

Race 8

What a day of racing and the word on my end is Daddy Long Legs is a toss for the win contender sited. His coat and flesh look bad and isn’t displaying any signs of a horse that can win against this type of company. I love Silver Max as he is just one gutsy horse but he is going to hit a wall one day and today might be the day. Summer Front is a beast in his own right over the weeds. My contact stated that Bayrir has looked great at Arlington and really has come around this week. His trainer trained the great Zarkava and she won the Arc over male. I just don’t see this guy sending over a short horse. Bayrir is lightly raced and is also has 3 wins over 4 tries on the weeds. But I just cannot bet passed Silver Max for some reason. Bayrir will be running at Silver Max down the lane is he good enough to catch him????

#7 – Bayrir – WPS – It hurts me to go against Silver Max in this spot!!!!!!

Race 9

Pace makes the race and I’m going with Silver Hustler in this one. Will sit the perfect trip under the Frogman and make a huge run down the lane to catch the speed at the wire.

#7 – Silver Hustler – WPS

Race 10

Tough bunch of girls in this one, have been told that I’m A Dreamer doesn’t look the part as well as Kapitale. The word is Joviality looks the part but I’m going against all the Euro’s in this one. I’m going with a local in this race and that one is Romacaca!!!!!!

#3 – Romacaca – WPS

Race 11

Well the grand daddy of them all and what a race. This is one of the toughest Arlington Millions I have ever seen. Below are the comments on the Euro runners from my Euro contact that has been at Arlington all week on the backside and viewing them over the track.

Treasure Beach – He has displayed much more over this track that his current form shows as this time. Don’t leave out exotics and also owns a win over this track last year at this distance. He is coming into a big effort per my Euro connection.

Crackerjack King - The want a hard surface today and not like the one they raced over last out that was told to me a BOG!!!!! He is definite a win contender and has been on his toes since arriving at Arlington.

Wigmore Hall – Well he didn’t look good off the plane but has shown better movement and temperament as of yesterday. His form looks off to me and I’m taking a pass on him as just don’t think he is good enough to beat this group.

Asfare – This one has Wigmore Hall each time they faced each other and has been as consistent as they come. Has looked great over the track at Arlington and will make a big presence today in this field. Win Contender from the Euro’s.

Colombian – Well I saved him for last as this one has looked like a BEAST at Arlington Park. He has shown what you are looking for from a Euro that has just shipped across the pond. He has been a gem since arriving over here. The barn is raving about him and they won the Million in 2010, so they know how to ship across the pond and win the big races. He is my contacts pick for the Million along with Crackerjack King for the exacta.

One my end I love one of the American’s in this race and if the cards lined up right for him he could surprise and that is Wilcox Inn!!!!!!

Gl, fb

PS: For those who havent been following on twitter I'm crushing the NFL Pre-Season as of today 13-5 ATS !!!! Follow me @fbwinners

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Race 3 - 3-5-7-11

Race 4 - 1-3-9

Race 5 - 5-9-10

Race 6 - 6-8

.50 pk 4 = 36.00
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Race 7 - 8-10-11-12

Race 8 - 2-7-8

Race 9 - 2-7

Race 10 - 3-8-10

Race 11 - 1-2-5-6-7-9

.50 pk = 216.00
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »

Race 6

I love Wayne C in this one off the re-claim. I won’t be long winded on why I like this one , jus t don’t leave the widow and be the first on to collect after he crosses the wire in easy fashion.

Don’t Leave The Window - #6 – Prince Of Speed – WP

Very nice. I didn't leave my couch, so technically I was first to collect. Alive in big doubles to Jackalbery and a little smaller to your Euro and Lumberyard Jack. Thanks again.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    5:00 o'clock in the fuckin mornin

Don't think FL will remember any of this?

Great day of racing at
    Arlington and it is a wonderful track! We were on a bit of a skid but rallied to hit three(3) ex and a tri key. Morre than paid for the weekend. Going to ORD with no sleep to catch a plane home. My family will be so proud of me!
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Don't think FL will remember any of this?

Says the guy that missed his flight haha :drinking:

Great time. Wanted to thank John and Bobby for making it out for the million. John was a trooper and made it through all of the nonsense which included a police station. Successful weekend.
  • BobbyClineBobbyCline Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    Police Station? Sounds like I bailed too early! Although you both tried to get me thrown in jail with the traffic cop leaving the race. lol. Thanks to both of you for a great weekend!