Gift To HRT Forum--Friday Spa

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
As you know, sales in NY just concluded and owners and trainers spent alot of time together.

Spa 2nd---2yo fillies 6f
#3 Should Make It, 6-1
Jenn is part owner and word is this firster is live as hell! Watch the tote board--Gary goes with Carlos Montalvo to ride, ---if price drops below 5-1 load up!!!!

4th---same as above, but may scratch?

5th---load up on Violette's #8 Ampersand, short but ready!

7th--super longshot of the day---#6 Sally's Dream, 8-1---wps cause I'm not really a believer?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    John, any word on how Turbulent Decent is doing under TAP?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    John, any word on how Turbulent Decent is doing under TAP?

Aug 18th, 2012

Saratoga

4f:~ in 47.91s - MILDLY OFFENSIVE, former Gaines filly in California, and TURBULENT DESCENT, another transplant from California worked a half together for Pletcher. Both went EZ and almost unseparable in 47.4. Finished last quarter in 23.4 and galloped out in 101 flat.

Aug 4th, 2012

Saratoga

4f:~ in 48.86s - TURBULENT DESCENT dusted a workmate I thought was SLAMARAMA and finished out best with Johnnie V in the saddle.

Jul 28th, 2012

SAR.TR

5f:~ in 1:01.44s - ZOW and TURBULENT DESCENT on the training track and both worked well finishing head and head late. Finished in 24.2.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Slamarama is a 2yo Dogwood colt who makes his debut tomorrow going 1 1/16 on turf. TAP barn thinks he will be a good turf runner? So far, exceeding expectations!

Not surprised he got dusted on dirt by TD!

Watch the board today in the 2nd at the Spa. We will know if Contessa is playing!
    edited August 2012
    It was Slamarama who got dusted by about 6 lengths by TD back on Aug 4. Since then, Slamarama has come back to work twice, the last being on Aug 18 going 5f on tr track in 101:4--3/23 at distance, and is said to have really put in a very nice late run! Sounds like a turf runner? 7/2 ml and Rosie in the irons, could drift up to 6-1 or so given her record of late?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Are those Saratoga workout reports? Where do you get those from?
    edited August 2012
    No, I got that from Jack Sadler at Dogwood Stables, who got it from TAP barn. They(Dogwood) have a password to the TAP web site that allows access to all workout reports, including who worked with who, who rode, how they ran and finished, and comments from asst trainers who watched the works. I have asked for that password but nothing to-date. They keep that pretty close to the vest!
    edited August 2012
    Sorry DC, it just now dawned on me that you were asking that question of FB!

Yeah, where do we get those clocker reports??

More importantly, how much??? Just kidding, none of our business!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Looks like Should Make It worked heads-up with an unraced horse named Bit Bustin in the recent 5-furlong bullet. Know anything about that one?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    As you know, sales in NY just concluded and owners and trainers spent alot of time together.

Spa 2nd---2yo fillies 6f
    #3 Should Make It, 6-1
    Jenn is part owner and word is this firster is live as hell! Watch the tote board--Gary goes with Carlos Montalvo to ride, ---if price drops below 5-1 load up!!!!

7th--super longshot of the day---#6 Sally's Dream, 8-1---wps cause I'm not really a believer?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Don't stop believin'
    edited August 2012

Spa 2nd---2yo fillies 6f
    #3 Should Make It, 6-1

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

That is what you call information!!!!!! Drinking on you tonight JG and I know you are knee deep in them by now!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!
    edited August 2012
    Thanks FB

The Contessa runner was making a big run and all of a sudden pulled up. I thought she was hurt but she continued on? nevwertheless, a bad wager.

The rest of my picks went very well!!!

For Dirty,

My wife is tight with Steve Perry through her work in doing Journey Travel. I'll never stop believing!

I even know a few folks who were born and raised in "South Detroit"

Gessler family from Hot Springs gave out the big winner at Spa . I will have to call them tonight and gravel!!!

Hope to have more tomorrow?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    First concert I ever saw was Journey. Will never forget it. It was 1983 here in Fresno, no shit, just like the State Farm commercial . . .
    edited August 2012
    GREAT!!!

Glad you weren't stuck in Lodi---Again!
    edited August 2012
    no offense meant
    could.t resist some Creedence reference!
    I haven't been to a good concert in years!

I told Dirty about 3 years ago that the last good show I saw was Cher stradling 16 inch guns!!!!

If I could turn back time and results we would all be getting ready to spend the fall with FB down in the Bahamas wining football games and working on BC!!!
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Hah, that's pretty good . . . no worries here, we're used to the jokes but usually pick on Lodi and Bakersfield to make us feel better . . . don't want to take your thread in a whole new direction but Be Good To Yourself JG . . . :)
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Great info John thanks so much I owe you a surf n turf dinner
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    nice price on slamarama..13 bucks to win....who dont get dusted by TD...nice info
    edited August 2012
    rayphil wrote: »
    nice price on slamarama..13 bucks to win....who dont get dusted by TD...nice info

TD on dirt and they always wanted the weeds, what a great price we got on her.