Willy Beamin

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Is Dutrow really planning on running this horse today having just run in the Albany on Wed?
I began looking @ the Travers card before I played the Albany and he was my original selection for the race. That afternoon he romped home in the Albany, winning easily by more than a half dozen. He's now entered back in, 3 days later, in the King's Bishop. I'm going to be hard pressed to play a horse against this tough bunch off three days rest, but the light bulb has really gone on with this one. Any thoughts?

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    really dutrow was putting him in the travers but the owners decided on the kings bishop...

Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said that Willy Beamin, who is running in Wednesday’s Albany Stakes for New York-breds, would be entered in the Travers and could run in both spots
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    IMO--he will have to work out a trip from the inside along the rail. Willy Beamin does not appear to be as fast as some of the others to his outside and he likely will get smothered on the inside. If the track is juiced for speed, and I suspect it will be, Trinniberg will be hard to catch. What surprises me is that Willy Beamin enjoys the best late speed figs? So if he can work out a good trip he could be there when the speed tires? I think I'm going to play with numbers in the King's Bishop and use 1-3-7-9-10 and try to hit a exotic super play.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Funny you guys bring up this horse. Not sure how many of you watch the Saratoga replays on MSG but on Wednesday after this horse won jason blewitt the host mentioned that this horse would be very interesting to watch if not scratched on Saturday. Keyed Lauries rocket in this race but waited all morning to see if this one was scratched. Had to throw him in there with the p4 also. Love the quick turn around if this horse is fit.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Funny you guys bring up this horse. Not sure how many of you watch the Saratoga replays on MSG but on Wednesday after this horse won jason blewitt the host mentioned that this horse would be very interesting to watch if not scratched on Saturday. Keyed Lauries rocket in this race but waited all morning to see if this one was scratched. Had to throw him in there with the p4 also. Love the quick turn around if this horse is fit.

i was watching some replays this morning on twinspires and noticed Tom Durkin making a reference to Willy Beaming coming back in a few days.

JG, I was on Trinniberg with the expectation that Willy Beamin would be scratching. Needless to say I'll be 2 deep in the Pick 3 that race.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Unbelievable!!!

I'm alive in the pick 4 to Stealcase, N&N, and Nonios?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    Good call had a huge dd with alpha. Took me all spring and summer but all I can say is wow with Alpha double exacta super tri going absolute freggin nuts I don't have a voice. Also have Alpha with 5 horses in the last race for doubles that I haven't even checked yet. Does it make a difference?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    i had a ex with alpha over fast falcon
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    rayphil wrote: »
    i had a ex with alpha over fast falcon

That's tough. But, I'm glad you got out on Alpha finally. :toast: