Travers Day Stakes Plays

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited August 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 9
#5 Summer Soiree
2/5/6 Exacta Box
I think Summer Soiree may be able to scoot clear of Tapitsfly and her speed off the layoff won't get the respect it deserves. Using hard knocking Tapitsfly and Zagora in exacta.

Race 10
#3 Book Review
3/5/8 Exacta Box
Pick 3 - 3,5,8 w 1,9 w 4,5,8,10
I think this will be Book Reviews breakthrough race. Her only loss looks like an exceptional race now, seeing as how Questing has returned to be the top 3yo filly. Beautiful But Blue is undefeated at the distance, nearly undefeated sprinting on fast track, and has looked great in her starts this year. Contested should bounce back after disliking the distance and drying out Belmont track.

Race 11
#1 Willy Beamin
Dutrow is striking while the iron is hot. This horse has been electrifying lately and if he can work out a trip from the rail will be a nice play at a fair price. Hopefully Dr Chit can put a little pressure on Trinniberg to soften the field up for a run from Beamin. Using Trinni in Pick 3 in case he can take off on front end.

Race 12
#4 Stealcase
4/5/10 Exacta Box
This is a highly competitive field where no horse would shock me. If Stealcase can break properly and be in the thick of things early, he should have his chance to make a strong run down the lane. Boxing with late flying Street Life and the lightly raced and improving Nonios. Also have Neck n Neck in Pick 3 if I'm still alive (doubtful lol).

Good luck today everyone.

Comments

• The MavenThe Maven Junior Member
    edited August 2012
    My Travers Day Late P4:

$.50 P4 2,4,7 / 3,8 / 2,3,8,9 / 5,6,7,10

$48
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited August 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Race 9
    #5 Summer Soiree
    2/5/6 Exacta Box
    I think Summer Soiree may be able to scoot clear of Tapitsfly and her speed off the layoff won't get the respect it deserves. Using hard knocking Tapitsfly and Zagora in exacta.

Race 10
    #3 Book Review
    3/5/8 Exacta Box
    Pick 3 - 3,5,8 w 1,9 w 4,5,8,10
    I think this will be Book Reviews breakthrough race. Her only loss looks like an exceptional race now, seeing as how Questing has returned to be the top 3yo filly. Beautiful But Blue is undefeated at the distance, nearly undefeated sprinting on fast track, and has looked great in her starts this year. Contested should bounce back after disliking the distance and drying out Belmont track.

Race 11
    #1 Willy Beamin
    Dutrow is striking while the iron is hot. This horse has been electrifying lately and if he can work out a trip from the rail will be a nice play at a fair price. Hopefully Dr Chit can put a little pressure on Trinniberg to soften the field up for a run from Beamin. Using Trinni in Pick 3 in case he can take off on front end.

Race 12
    #4 Stealcase
    4/5/10 Exacta Box
    This is a highly competitive field where no horse would shock me. If Stealcase can break properly and be in the thick of things early, he should have his chance to make a strong run down the lane. Boxing with late flying Street Life and the lightly raced and improving Nonios. Also have Neck n Neck in Pick 3 if I'm still alive (doubtful lol).

Good luck today everyone.

I'm on Hungry Island, Aubby K, Ever So Lucky, and Neck N' Neck!!!!

gl, fb