Couple I LIke Today

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Arlington Park
Race 6
#5 Heart Doctor - Absolute new horse when shifting to turf. Second time going long on the weeds, was a heart breaking loss for me his last out, playing him right back today.

Delaware Park
Race 7
#4 Twighlight Eclipse - Second start since moving to the Albertranni barn and his last run looks better than the lines show. After coming wide around the far turn, well back from the leaders, this one picked up a full head of steam and seemed to get thrown off ever so slightly. He regained momentum again and powered home, finishing 6th by a small and diminishing margin. Should love the stretch out here and offer a great price.

Belmont Park
Race 9
#4 Judy the Beauty - I'm going to try and beat the two tough favorites. Judy the Beauty always runs her heart out and got nailed late last out by the improving Emma's Encore. Third off the layoff here and should sit the perfect trip to have every opportunity to run at the leaders.

Parx
Race 9
#7 Trinniberg - Trinni will face the least amount of pressure compared to his previous two races. As much as I like Il Villano, I think Trinni opens up as he shakes off the #9 horse on the turn for home.

Race 11
#8 Macho Macho - This rapidly improving colt has every chance. His last was an oddly run race in which Hansen took extreme pressure up front and MM seemed to be the beneficiary turning for home as he had every chance to get first jump and take off. Instead, he crept up and seemed to labor some while Bourbon Courage took off on the rail, getting the lead. MM then began to come home strongly and ran by BC and held off another challenger. Alpha is clearly the one to beat here, but I can't take the likely 4/5 he will offer. Golden Ticket @ 5/2? Pass. This one has the most upside to knock out the favorite.

Good luck today everyone!

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Nothing like seconditis all day.
    Judy the Beauty ($6.20) , Trinni ($3.80), and Macho Macho ($5.00) all run 2nd.
    The remaining two plays might still be running. Took a small loss for the day as a whole.

Also worth nothing that Macho Macho would be a damn good horse if he could get his head straight. He was sitting third most of the race, fell back to second to last as they approached the turn, and turned the burners on finally in the stretch. Similar race to his last, except this time he left himself with too much to do.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Congrats on all the big news lately. You're really staying busy. You've got my vote whenever you run for president.