Cigars & Horses

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited September 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Being a long time Horse Player and Cigar smoker, I've come up with a rating pattern for my selections. I'll rate a weak play with a number of cigars and a cheap brand name, when the quality of my pick goes up so do the cigars and brand name.
I find it fun and informative. The lowest rating is a 1 and the highest is a 5.
This site seems strictly a handicapping one which is fine with me.

CigarShop

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    welcome and yes its a
    great site with alot of useful info .
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Well I have 3 horses at Santa Anita for Saturday, one 5- Cigar and two 3- cigars.

My 5- cigar pick is: Race 8: 1-AMANI - his form on dirt in Chili was very good, he gets the rail.
    The comparable cigar is the Fuente Opus X with a Macallan 18.

First three cigar pick is: Race 1: 1- I've Struck A Nerve- this horse comes back to maidens after tackling tougher in a grade 1. You'll get a fair price because Baffert has two entered. I also like Gryder quite a bit.
    The cigar choice here is Padron. 1964 Anniversary Imperiale with a Laphroaig Cask Strength.

Second three cigar pick is: Race 7: 8- Capo Bastone-3rd jockey in 3rd lifetime start. Has a habit of getting jammed up, the addition of Victor could be key to victory.
    The cigar choice is Cohiba Siglo VI wash it down with Oban 14 year old Scotch.

CigarShop
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    CigarShop wrote: »
    Laphroaig Cask Strength.

I like you already
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Well I have 3 horses at Santa Anita for Saturday, one 5- Cigar and two 3- cigars.

My 5- cigar pick is: Race 8: 1-AMANI - his form on dirt in Chili was very good, he gets the rail.
    The comparable cigar is the Fuente Opus X with a Macallan 18.

First three cigar pick is: Race 1: 1- I've Struck A Nerve- this horse comes back to maidens after tackling tougher in a grade 1. You'll get a fair price because Baffert has two entered. I also like Gryder quite a bit.
    The cigar choice here is Padron. 1964 Anniversary Imperiale with a Laphroaig Cask Strength.

Second three cigar pick is: Race 7: 8- Capo Bastone-3rd jockey in 3rd lifetime start. Has a habit of getting jammed up, the addition of Victor could be key to victory.
    The cigar choice is Cohiba Siglo VI wash it down with Oban 14 year old Scotch.

CigarShop

AMANI is a filly (I can see how you made the mistake, she was in the Pacific Classic in her last), who faces her own kind on (as you astutely point out) real dirt. She has always worked up a storm in the morning, hopefully she takes to the SA track and is a little closer. Obviously worthy of the Macallan 18 rating, as Bejarano looks to take this one neat.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Impossible to look at Belmont Super Saturday until we know the track condition?

On Sunday at Remington there are some good minor stakes races. I will post up info later, and in keeping with the spirit of this thread(which promises to be a good one) the top choices will be denoted as a Billy D. Forty and a pack of KOOL!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    To keep this thread going this one is for the forum and my RIP Pops. A fence post of Schlitz and a pack of Lucky Strikes. On the serious note a pair of Doves landed in my back yard this afternoon and told be to play For Greater Glory in the second at Belmont.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Being a long time Horse Player and Cigar smoker, I've come up with a rating pattern for my selections. I'll rate a weak play with a number of cigars and a cheap brand name, when the quality of my pick goes up so do the cigars and brand name.
    I find it fun and informative. The lowest rating is a 1 and the highest is a 5.
    This site seems strictly a handicapping one which is fine with me.

CigarShop
    welcome to Horseracingtalk.com enjoy the stay.,
    Good luck with your pick.. :cool2:

allpa.jpg
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    To keep this thread going this one is for the forum and my RIP Pops. A fence post of Schlitz and a pack of Lucky Strikes. On the serious note a pair of Doves landed in my back yard this afternoon and told be to play For Greater Glory in the second at Belmont.

Thanks FB will add on!
    edited September 2012

Those dove were right on, just a little green down the line and another jump we cash. I will tkae second to squeeze a little change from my wager below. Book him for next out!!!!!

Ticket#:20562867
    Sep 29 01:14 PM
    INTERNET / 0 Sep 29 01:14:10 PM
    RAC
    Racing ticket #1156326
    Sep-29 BEL R2 1000.00 USD WPS 7

3000 / 0
    edited September 2012
    Those dove were right on, just a little green down the line and another jump we cash. I will tkae second to squeeze a little change from my wager below. Book him for next out!!!!!

Ticket#:20562867
    Sep 29 01:14 PM
    INTERNET / 0 Sep 29 01:14:10 PM
    RAC
    Racing ticket #1156326

3000 / 0

INTERNET / 0 Ticket #: 20562867

RAC
    Racing ticket #1156326

3000 / 0

WIN

09/29/2012 01:14:10 PM

I tried to make up for this bullshit wager below from Monday!!!!!!

INTERNET / -1 Ticket #: 20424081
    Sep 24 08:43 PM

NFL
    STRAIGHT BET
    [429] PACKERS (GB) -175

3500 / 2000

LOSE
    LOSE
    09/24/2012 01:23 AM

:cursing: