Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Can't say Im very supportive of this move. A nine month layoff to race against some of the best?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Couldn't agree more.

I've been around Barry Irwin a few times and found him to be very personable and somewhat knowledgable about the business. Many of his Team Valor employees have left him and gone their own way(Aron Wellman of Eclipse).

Lately, I have noticed that a few of his former Team Valor partners are less than complimentary. In fact, some have even gone so far as to say that Irwin treats the partnership's cash investment like a subsidy to Team Valor. I don't know, but that is sure as hell not what one would want to hear if they were considering putting up big bucks for a share. But, those comments may have come from partners who had horses that didn't pan out. Who knows?

Nevertheless, to ask AK to sprint a mile in his first back off the shelf is a big risk, and that is a horse I could easily throw-out in that race, unless, of course, FB has info on him burning up the Fair Hills training track like he did when AK cashed big for us on Derby Day 2011!!!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thought the exact same thing that this horse would have no shot. Read the comments from the link above and every one else agrees no shot. The contrarian in me says okay maybe he does. Remember Dahoss in Da mile.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I like AK but I think wisedan is way to good right now for anyone to beat...maybe a euro but I dont know who is coming over.