Keeneland for Fall Opening Day

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Keeneland Spot Plays

Race 4

Luzianna Man - Charles L finally runs this one on the right surface. Throw out the Ellis Park race. We love the sticky stuff!!!!!

Race 6

I Jus Wana Have Fun - Live longshot and I know the TAP and JR mount is going to be real tough, but I was told this one worked big at the sales and the PID race is a toss.

Race 7 - Don't Leave The Widow - I don't put these out often but this one is ready off the bench in a big way.

Exothermic is two for two over the weeds and Rusty has had this one at Kee for quit sometime and this one should make quick work of this field. Watchout out for Top Striker as he is lone speed!!!!!

Race 8 - The Phoenix

What a nice sprint race over the stickty stuff, a race loaded with speed and I'm going back with a longshot that I have backed before and is coming off a work head up with Optimizer on the 1st and that one just wired a decent filed at Parx a week or so ago.

Laurie's Rocket will nail them at the wire over the Keeneland poly!!!!!

Race 9 - Alcibiad

This is one hell of a race and you have some nice young fillies in this race. The Calder shipper is going to take a ton at the windows and that will bold well for my selection and we will get a better price if the Calder shipper didn't show up. I'm talking about the Peter Miller filly have has been looking at the ass of the best 2yo filly over the sticky stuff in Cali. Bafferts filly might really be something special, you saw what she did over the real stuff last weekend!!!!

Speedinthruthecity will love the track here in Lexington and let's just hope the Frogman is ready to run down the lane with this one.

Late Pick 4

Race 7 - 1-2-4-10-11

Race 8 - 1-6-8-10

Race 9 - 3-12

Race 10 - 7-8-11

$60.00 pk 4 for .50!!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    You stole my thunder!

4th--Luzianna Man, 5-1
    Local's choice for play of the day

May have more tomorrow?
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks guys. I'm looking at:

R8: Lonesome Street. As you mention FB there certainly is some speed here. I also like Aikenite in this one - coming off a (longer) layoff and shown he likes the surface - but the pace should be a hot one so you may be spot on about Laurie's Rocket nipping them at the wire.

R9: Magical Moon. I had added this one to my stable after catching her impressive maiden breaking race. I'm sticking with her based on that and her recent workouts.

Best of luck today!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Keeneland Spot Plays

Race 4

Luzianna Man - Charles L finally runs this one on the right surface. Throw out the Ellis Park race. We love the sticky stuff!!!!!

Race 6

I Jus Wana Have Fun - Live longshot and I know the TAP and JR mount is going to be real tough, but I was told this one worked big at the sales and the PID race is a toss.

Race 7 - Don't Leave The Widow - I don't put these out often but this one is ready off the bench in a big way.

Exothermic is two for two over the weeds and Rusty has had this one at Kee for quit sometime and this one should make quick work of this field. Watchout out for Top Striker as he is lone speed!!!!!

Race 8 - The Phoenix

What a nice sprint race over the stickty stuff, a race loaded with speed and I'm going back with a longshot that I have backed before and is coming off a work head up with Optimizer on the 1st and that one just wired a decent filed at Parx a week or so ago.

Laurie's Rocket will nail them at the wire over the Keeneland poly!!!!!

Race 9 - Alcibiad

This is one hell of a race and you have some nice young fillies in this race. The Calder shipper is going to take a ton at the windows and that will bold well for my selection and we will get a better price if the Calder shipper didn't show up. I'm talking about the Peter Miller filly have has been looking at the ass of the best 2yo filly over the sticky stuff in Cali. Bafferts filly might really be something special, you saw what she did over the real stuff last weekend!!!!

Speedinthruthecity will love the track here in Lexington and let's just hope the Frogman is ready to run down the lane with this one.

Late Pick 4

Race 7 - 1-2-4-10-11

Race 8 - 1-6-8-10

Race 9 - 3-12

Race 10 - 7-8-11

$60.00 pk 4 for .50!!

Ive been playing Lauries Rocket since his Maiden win. Was all set to cut ties with this horse after his last race. Now I read your post and Im going to give this horse 1 more shot. Good luck
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I was just given this one from a backstretch connection. They Sims has this one ready for the opener and the price will be right at the wire.

Race 1 - Alimony Cobra

PS: If your not following on twitter @fbwinners or on my newsletter list you are missing a beaten when have been putting on our books this football season. Going into this weekend I now stand at 70-40 ATS and the winning will continue as I have dead aim on this football season. I hope the site will be ready by next week!!!!! I'm that close as of today!!!!!

gl, fb
    edited October 2012
    I heard the same on Alimony Cobra! 6-1 ml could go higher and I like the fact that the ml fav's are firsters!
  • shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I hope the site will be ready by next week!!!!! I'm that close as of today!!!!!

gl, fb

Excellent!!
    edited October 2012
    The 8th & 9th at Keeneland are great races and there could be a blanket finish in both the Phoenix & Darley Alcibiades!

In the 8th, too much positive vibe coming from Cot and I will be pulling for Aikenite, but this race is tough. But, Aikenite is a big horse who gives you all he has, and he is big enough to bull his way out of the pack and make a big late run.Boxing tri with 1-5-6-10.

In the Darley Alcibiades, race 9, I am told not to leave #7 Gold Edge, 12-1, out of any exotic plays. I am playing super's in this one and using a variety of numbers with 1-3-7-11-12-13. Could be a huge pay-out?

No future in falling in love with favorites at Keeneland and I'm not.
    Other plays are:
    1st--ex bx 2-3-6
    4th--ex bx 6-8-9
    5th--ex bx 1-5-6
    7th--tri box 1-2-4-10

Probably too much action with tomorrow promising to be a busy day coast-to-coast, but what the hell?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    shh10 and i are on the same side here. Still remember that filly from her maiden-breaker @ Saratoga. Really left an impression on me that day.

PS - Tell me howe she got bet down to 8/5 in that race after finishing well-beaten @ 14/1 in her Churchill debut a couple of months earlier...
    edited October 2012
    Laurie's rocket "damn it"
    edited October 2012
    Should of ran 2nd but I will take the 8.40 for show.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Should of ran 2nd but I will take the 8.40 for show.

I'm not sure if that Exothermal or whatever the fuckers name was gonna get the winner, but he sure as fuck shouldn't have let him blow past him. Horrible ride. I'm glad that that cocksucker saved the place.
    edited October 2012
    I would of shit my pants if we didn't save place by a scant nose. Ride was bad.
    edited October 2012
    @raypaulick: Trainer Rusty Arnold, whose Exothermic was mistakenly given Lasix @Keeneland, said he supports new rule w 3rd-party vets giving Lasix shots
    edited October 2012
    Gonna take a shot with Wilcox Inn today. Think he stands a shot?
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Gonna take a shot with Wilcox Inn today. Think he stands a shot?

Depends where he goes. He's cross-entered @ Hawthorne today as well.