Summer Front

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
We all know this one is a huge talent. BUT, is he a huge play?

Dullahan will be overbet (OK, he's good - and Game on Dude flattered him), but he's winless is 3 turf efforts (couple seconds).

Cogito is 2 for 4 lofe time, and his most impressive run is a G2 placing to BAYRIR , a horse who gives JG an erection upon mention, back in France.

But, I've seen Summer Front in trouble, moving, winning races, and just look very athletic. I think he is good enough @ what's gonna be likely 6-1 depending on scratches. I don't think good turf hurts him.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Howe Great
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Howe Great

He's gonna add to my Summer Front price. Nice run at Del Mar, after breaking from an impossible post position, and running after a speed horse on a course favoring that. Now, he's a little too traveled for me (says the guy who's horse just came back from Arlington.

I'm actually not sure Summer Front is good enough, but I need to bet him.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    If it helps, I love Summer Front today.
    Dialing back an 1/8th after a good effort @ Arlington at what likely was longer than he wanted.
    Dullahan gives him playable odds, but I'm expecting somewhere in the 4-1 range.
    Should get the jump on Dullahan and will hopefully leave him with too much to do.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Cogito is 2 for 4 lofe time, and his most impressive run is a G2 placing to BAYRIR , a horse who gives JG an erection upon mention, back in France.

Actually, I just plain get off on using the words "His Highness the Aga Khan"
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Just an aside here, but Lumineuse (who had worked heads-up with Summer Front prior to her muddy-track debut where she injured herself several months ago) has resumed training. One to watch.
    edited October 2012
    Actually, I just plain get off on using the words "His Highness the Aga Khan"

LMAO. I would cut off an arm for 1/5 of his stock.
    edited October 2012
    Kill the jockey.
  • irish32irish32 Junior Member
    edited October 2012
    that horse was a sure winner, where and what was dominguez doing?
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Kill the jockey.

If I was head of a cartel, I would ask for his head on my desk by Monday morning. He could have gone 20 wide and blasted this group. I'm throwing up watching the replay. And you fucked everyone for the place money, too. Dullahan was up the mother fucking track.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow just watched the replay terrible terrible ride
    edited October 2012
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Wow just watched the replay terrible terrible ride

Just go wide at the 3/8 pole and put the race away. Before the stretch this race could have been over.