Breeders Cup Race Order and other tidbits

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Well we are almost a week out from two great days of racing. This forum has been very quiet on BC notes and other scuttlebut. Well for all followers looking for a solid information on BC weekend send me a email (fbwinners@aol.com) and I will give you all the details via private email.

Will the West Coast dominate??? Did you all know that the Euros's that ran without lasix last year didn't hit the board???? The one's that ran with lasix on the weeds were 7/11 in the MONEY!!!! This is what I provide to you all over just picking names, Beyer #'s and so on. I will have the best gallop/workout reports sent to me and also will have my Euro contact give me all the real information on all Euro shippers. Two horses I will mention now in the Sprint that aren't on the radar and will make there presence felt (Emcee and Gantry)!!!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!!

The official race order and post times (all times Pacific) for the November 2-3 programs at Santa Anita are as follows with Breeders' Cup World Championships races listed in bold:.

Friday, November 2

Race No. Race Time

1. Allowance 11:15

2. Allowance 11:48

3. Allowance 12:23

4. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint 1:06

5. Breeders' Cup Marathon 1:48

6. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf 2:28

7. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies 3:08

8. Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf 3:48

9. Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic 4:40

10. Twilight Derby 5:15

Saturday, November 3

Race No. Race Time

1. Damascus Stakes 10:05

2. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint Preview 10:35

3. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Filly Sprint Preview 11:10

4. Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf 11:50

5. Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint 12:35

6. Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile 1:14

7. Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint 1:57

8. Breeders' Cup Juvenile 2:36

9. Breeders' Cup Turf 3:18

10. Breeders' Cup Sprint 3:58

11. Breeders' Cup Mile 4:40

12. Breeders' Cup Classic 5:30

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/73805/breeders-cup-releases-official-race-order#ixzz2AEDIZ9Tr

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Would love to add my information as well, but it takes forever for my posts to show up!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    You're undoubtedly the owner of the longest post-review in HRT history. Congrats!

All kidding aside though, i asked to have you taken off post-review a couple of years ago, and i guess it fell through the cracks somehow. Didn't think it was a big deal because you very rarely post, and you never said anything about it, so i njust left it alone. I'll email Ed right now and ask to have you taken off. Sorry about the long wait.

Troy Polamalu Commercial - YouTube
    edited October 2012
    NICE link! I will be sure to share any information that I have relative to racing. This board is very informative and I enjoy the content!

Take care and let's take down this BC!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    love it that they took the turf and put it a couple races before the classic..love them pushing the sprint back because that is one of the most enjoyable races.....10-12 horses going 6 panels as fast as they go...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Animal Kingdom will be ridden by Rafey B in the Mile!!!!!
    edited October 2012
    As we all know, the lack of Lasix in the 2yold races in the BC, may cause some of us headaches when handicapping.

I wanted to pass this along to the board. It comes from a reliable source and some of you may know this already. Executiveprivilege does not work with Lasix, ever, Baffert told me now. Scoped clean after her drill the other day.
    edited October 2012
    Renee's Queen work today was BAD and looks no part of a live contender coming next weekend. TOSS!!!!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks FB for an already "VERY INFORMATIVE" thread!!
    edited October 2012
    Reneesgotzip had a breathtaking WORK today, a flat 21 down the lane and finished STRONG!!!! BOOK IT!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Reneesgotzip had a breathtaking WORK today, a flat 21 down the lane and finished STRONG!!!! BOOK IT!!!!

She's always been a monster filly. Me and DC have been booking it forever and have caught some horrible luck along the way (whips to the face, the nose of Willa Be Awesome, Castletown's owner).
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I think Reneesgotzip is huge threat if she's ready to run. You may remember i picked her against the best male sprinters last time out (Amazombie, Coil, etc), but she threw in a total clunker and that had me very concerned heading into the Breeders Cup. Great to see that she's training well leading up to the race, and it certainly won't hurt the price that she got beat badly in her last start. Perhaps one of the biggest overlays on the entire BC card here, though there's obviously some uncertainty about her current form.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Just checked the long range forecast : Friday 78 , 10% rain Saturday 81, 0% rain.
    Great, all systems go. Fast/Firm. Quite a bit of work to do.
    edited October 2012
    fb, rafey is on AK...forgot that JV has wise dan...also heard game on dude work the other day was awesome...
    edited October 2012
    I think Reneesgotzip is huge threat if she's ready to run. You may remember i picked her against the best male sprinters last time out (Amazombie, Coil, etc), but she threw in a total clunker and that had me very concerned heading into the Breeders Cup. Great to see that she's training well leading up to the race, and it certainly won't hurt the price that she got beat badly in her last start. Perhaps one of the biggest overlays on the entire BC card here, though there's obviously some uncertainty about her current form.

Stop saying that,lol. She ran big - CASTLETOWN was in there only to ruin that race for her.
    edited October 2012
    Cool fucking comments from Jay Privman via Twitter.

Calidoscopio(Marathon), training w/out a saddle, hooked in with worker, went 3furs. in :37.68 near middle of track. Big long stride.#BC12

Quite the sight seeing Argentine invader Calidoscopio (Marathon) tear around track with rider doing it "gaucho style," no saddle. #bc12
    edited October 2012
    I'm hearing Baffert's filly, Executiveprivilege, is not coming into her race real well. Her work yesterday was not good and she has regressed some in the last 2 weeks.

I cannot endorse at this time, though I love Baffert.
    edited October 2012
    Nonios is confirmed for the classic with Martin Pedroza in the saddle. Was cross entered in the Mile.
    edited October 2012
    Here is a interesting note on 60+ days rest. Since 2003 only 5 winners from 96 horses won coming off 60+ days rest. FYIW
    edited October 2012
    fb Thats all I've been hearing is reneegotzip and dude looked awesome..dullahan is going in the turf and fast bullet for baffert looked good but you would have to be crazy to play him??right? Have you heard anything on beholder cause where ever this filly goes is where I go..
    edited October 2012
    As expected, Royal Delta to the Ladies Classic. Dullahan reportedly to the turf.
    edited October 2012
    Kaui Katie to Juvy Fillies per TAP.
    edited October 2012
    Emcee to the Mile...
    edited October 2012
    Confirmed, both Little Mike and Dullahan to the turf.
    edited October 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Kaui Katie to Juvy Fillies per TAP.

She was going in the sprint. He must have heard ExecutivePriviledege is going the wrong way from FB.
    edited October 2012
    Groupie Doll blows out 3f in 34.3 and was told looked like a million bucks. She is a stone single on Fridays Card.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    agreed
    edited October 2012
    saw the groupie doll work and she look great, rumor for mandella also looked amazing...power broker didnt look good and had to be pushed a little to get past title contender who was just breezing... EP for baffert looked just tired in her work..
    edited October 2012
    Beholder to Juvy Fillies now. There is going to be some speed in that one now.
    edited October 2012
    Below Per Steve Haskins on Sunday!!

Getting back to the 2-year-olds, trainer Richard Mandella said that his brilliant filly Beholder, is all but certain to run in the Juvenile Sprint.

What changed Mandella's mind!!!!!!!
    edited October 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    She's always been a monster filly. Me and DC have been booking it forever and have caught some horrible luck along the way (whips to the face, the nose of Willa Be Awesome, Castletown's owner).

She draws #7 in the BC Turf Sprint!!!!!