Experts a lotta help...

DeanoDeano Junior Member
edited October 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I have never bet or understood how to bet hoses. I live 5 minutes from Hoosier Park and would like to get some help. I am going to go there today and ask questions,

Can you give me a good card you like for all parks that you feel are so withpicks and i can take it with me and bet these as I learn?

Asking a lot...please include how to bet...how much recommended etc.

Thanks so much...Wire has been amazing and I know there are others on here that are big helps.

Deano

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    A safe bet at HOOSIER is $2 wps on all CAROL CEDENO mounts...She not only looks HOT...she is riding HOT...MY BELMONT PICKS are listed in BELMONT MEET THREAD...GOOD LUCK & GOOD RACING...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    I didn't realize how many good races were carded today at Hoosier!

Cisco Torres comes in from Chicago to ride several for Mike Lauer. Looks like he is loaded and when Tom Amoss comes in he is always LIVE!

Good Luck!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    wire2wire wrote: »
    A safe bet at HOOSIER is $2 wps on all CAROL CEDENO mounts...She not only looks HOT...she is riding HOT...MY BELMONT PICKS are listed in BELMONT MEET THREAD...GOOD LUCK & GOOD RACING...w2w

This contains two pieces of horrible info.

NEVER bet women jockeys and NEVER bet to show.

LOL, on a lighter note, she's a good jock, and rides all her mounts to the end.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Deano wrote: »
    Asking a lot...please include how to bet...how much recommended etc.

Deano

How to bet is quite simple. I'd recommend starting with win/place wagers. Programs at the track should advise you on how to read a program. Start with the basics like class, speed, pace, and jockey/trainers and go from there. As for putting this bet in, go to a teller, and state:

Race Track - Race # - Amount Wagered - Bet Type - Horse #
    so for example
    Hoosier Park - Race 1 - $5 - Win/Place - #1

As for recommending how much to bet, that is something that you need to determine on your own. Gambling should be done with only disposable income. Start with smaller increments until you can gauge your progress and go from there. There are people on this forum who bet as much on a single race as I bet in a month. There are also people on here who likely bet less in a year than I do in a month. Its all a matter of gaining your own level of comfort. Nothing to be ashamed about betting $2 Win/Place bets while you learn the game.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    What's up frank? Same deano from betting talk?