Reneesgotzip

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Wow, her turf drill the other day must've been highly impressive for her to be entered in the Turf Sprint (rather than the F&M Sprint), especially after the non-effort in her first start vs. males last time out.

She's never even run on grass before, and she gets entered down the hill in the Breeders Cup?

Comments

• FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow, her turf drill the other day must've been highly impressive for her to be entered in the Turf Sprint (rather than the F&M Sprint), especially after the non-effort in her first start vs. males last time out.

She's never even run on grass before, and she gets entered down the hill in the Breeders Cup?

The turf sprint has become the race from hell to handicap this year for me. I've gone back and forth several times on contenders and may do something I dont normally ever do during breeders cup, and pass a race. California Flag freaks on this track, Bridgetown is always consistent, Unbridled's Note looks to be the next big thing in this class, and so on.

While discussing this race, do you have any thoughts on Mizdirection? The layoff is an obvious concern, but I keep coming back to this one @ a large price.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Yes, i definitely wouldn't overlook Mizdirection.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes, i definitely wouldn't overlook Mizdirection.

LOL, I just saw this. Hope you didn't.

Only reason I looked this up is she's in tomorrow and will be 2/5. I know she's impossible to beat (or bet) going down the hill, but I'm taking my shot with a daughter of hillside master Cambiocorsa, by Ghostzapper named Schiaperelli. She already been very good to me, as I've bet her in all three of her downhill starts. She was eased down and went 1 11 and 3 last out, drawing off to win by 3. Mizdirection won the BC in 1 11 and 1 (however much, much wider).

Either way, use both in the horizontals, but if I check the works in the AM and she's still doing well 4 or 5 to 1 is a very good price.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Only reason I looked this up is she's in tomorrow and will be 2/5. I know she's impossible to beat (or bet) going down the hill, but I'm taking my shot with a daughter of hillside master Cambiocorsa, by Ghostzapper named Schiaperelli. She already been very good to me, as I've bet her in all three of her downhill starts. She was eased down and went 1 11 and 3 last out, drawing off to win by 3. Mizdirection won the BC in 1 11 and 1 (however much, much wider).

Either way, use both in the horizontals, but if I check the works in the AM and she's still doing well 4 or 5 to 1 is a very good price.

Thanks dirty- was just looking at her mainly because Talamo is on board, and Ive been beaten too many times lately not having "Talamo on the turf" on my ticket. Hoping it pays better in the multis.
    edited April 2013

Motherfucker. We had Mizdirection beat, and this filly jumped shadows late to get beat a head. Easy exacta, but that ain't saying much.
    edited April 2013
    Motherfucker. We had Mizdirection beat, and this filly jumped shadows late to get beat a head. Easy exacta, but that ain't saying much.

The look on David Flores' face in the win photo says it all.
    edited June 2014

Cambiocorsa's daughter Alexis Tangier crushed down the hill today. I think all of her progeny have taken to the course.