Breeders Cup Friday Plays

FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Marathon
#14 Juniper Pass
This 30-1 shot possesses two things that nearly all of the field doesnt and that is a WIN on the dirt and a WIN at the distance. This horse has some sneaky form and is actually in the money in all 3 of his dirt races. His one win came right here at Santa Anita, albeit in the slop. Not only does he have this going for him, he gets Detorri to jump aboard so he has the advantage of a jockey used to running these distance races and gauging the pace that will befuddle most American jocks. Playing this one across the board!

Juvenile Filly Turf
#13 Flashy Ways
Horse has done nothing wrong and her last win was easy as they come. She will offer great value with money pouring in on Spring Venture and Sky Lantern. Look for her to get a good outside stalking trip and make her move at the top of the stretch.

Juvenile Fillies
#3 Spring in the Air
This one is the best of the closers and is bred to love the dirt. Her last was much more visually impressive than it was on paper and she can mow down what looks to be a contentious pace.

F&M Turf
#8 Nahrain
This filly for some reason blooms in the fall. She is having a similar season as she did last year where she ran a good second in the breeders cup. Her last two have been impressive and she should only blossom more with the added time in the states and the US prep race.

Ladies Classic
#2 My Miss Aurelia
Best race on the 2 day card. Nearly any filly in this field can win this and it wouldn't surprise me. No matter what this filly is thrown she brings her A game and guts the wins out. I wasn't sold on this filly until she ran down Questing (who was coming off two brilliant graded wins) after she had EVERYTHING her own way, all while carrying MMA 5 wide, constantly bumping, etc. Corey just kept her head in the game and rode her to the wire.

Pick 3 (Races 7-9)
2,3 w 4,8,9,12 w 2,5,6

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Read this and thought for a moment if I posted this? Like 4 out of 5 of these. And singled My Miss Aurelia in everything think she has the heart to win this race! Good Luck!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Marathon
    #14 Juniper Pass
    This 30-1 shot possesses two things that nearly all of the field doesnt and that is a WIN on the dirt and a WIN at the distance. This horse has some sneaky form and is actually in the money in all 3 of his dirt races. His one win came right here at Santa Anita, albeit in the slop. Not only does he have this going for him, he gets Detorri to jump aboard so he has the advantage of a jockey used to running these distance races and gauging the pace that will befuddle most American jocks. Playing this one across the board!

Juvenile Filly Turf
    #13 Flashy Ways
    Horse has done nothing wrong and her last win was easy as they come. She will offer great value with money pouring in on Spring Venture and Sky Lantern. Look for her to get a good outside stalking trip and make her move at the top of the stretch.

Juvenile Fillies
    #3 Spring in the Air
    This one is the best of the closers and is bred to love the dirt. Her last was much more visually impressive than it was on paper and she can mow down what looks to be a contentious pace.

F&M Turf
    #8 Nahrain
    This filly for some reason blooms in the fall. She is having a similar season as she did last year where she ran a good second in the breeders cup. Her last two have been impressive and she should only blossom more with the added time in the states and the US prep race.

Ladies Classic
    #2 My Miss Aurelia
    Best race on the 2 day card. Nearly any filly in this field can win this and it wouldn't surprise me. No matter what this filly is thrown she brings her A game and guts the wins out. I wasn't sold on this filly until she ran down Questing (who was coming off two brilliant graded wins) after she had EVERYTHING her own way, all while carrying MMA 5 wide, constantly bumping, etc. Corey just kept her head in the game and rode her to the wire.

Pick 3 (Races 7-9)
    2,3 w 4,8,9,12 w 2,5,6

I was on Fame and Glory, but this might talk me off it. Spot on analysis.
  • deadpaintdeadpaint Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Could not agree with you more about Juniper Pass....to me, it is a very reasonable long shot in a day that could have a few short prices. The fact that he hasn't won in 18 months should keep the price nice and juicy. Also, ever since this race was originated, the winning time has gotten slower and slower each year. You can't underestimate the skill of a rider like Dettori in a race like this
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Well Juniper Pass outran his odds but unfortunately not enough to cash a ticket. He ran a decent 4th.