College Hoops today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm no college basketball expert (that's Right Angle Sports' department), but there are two totals i like today:

Ohio St./Marquette UNDER 131

Georgetown/Florida UNDER 124.5

Reason being, those two games are being played OUTDOORS on top of an aircraft carrier, with no shooting background and probably a little wind besides. They played a game on an aircraft carrier last year as well (at least one that i remember, anyway), and it went way under. Hoping for the same kind of results here.

Btw, there's a third aircraft carrier game scheduled for Sunday (rescheduled from today), that being San Diego St./Syracuse. Something to keep in mind if these two plays work out...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2012
    AIRCRAFTdress-articleLarge.jpg
    edited November 2012
    66033470.jpg
    edited November 2012
    North Carolina beat Michigan State 67-55 in the game shown above (from last year).
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Looking forward to an interesting season.

Here are the two I'm on today:

Kentucky -10
    UK returns after a championship year with a brand new set of starters. Wiltjer, in fact, was the only starter this year that saw any reasonable amount of time on the court last year. The fact of the matter is, this team crushed the recruiting class once again and have looked particularly sharp this past week in practice and exhibition. While reports earlier trended towards some questions regarding maturity and "gelling" of the team, these seem to have cleared up. Look for the reigning champ to come out in style in their opener tonight.

Michigan State -7
    This team has HIGH ambitions this year. Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend in Big Ten teams who failed to produce very much outside their conference last season. This play matters less on my confidence in MSU, but rather more on the likelihood of a UConn season in shambles. Their key players are gone, players have left, recruiting was poor, and they have issues meeting the GPA requirement. Look for MSU to shut them down.
    edited November 2012
    Looks like the Ohio St./Marquette game just got cancelled due to weather or something...
    edited November 2012
    Looks like the Ohio St./Marquette game just got cancelled due to weather or something...

Ohio State-Marquette canceled by condensation - Yahoo! Sports
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    A great example, however, of the obstacles the players are facing. Even when a game goes, scoring is gonna be hard to come by.

It would be way cooler if all NBA games were played in different spots, like ships, and rooftops, and at the track.
    edited November 2012
    The Georgetown/Florida game was also cancelled, AT HALFTIME, with only 50 points on the board so far. Tough break.
    edited November 2012
    Btw, there's a third aircraft carrier game scheduled for Sunday (rescheduled from today), that being San Diego St./Syracuse. Something to keep in mind if these two plays work out...

The San Diego St./Syracuse game went well under today. Glad they were finally able to finish one... :basketball:
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    You come up with some of the greatest info!!