Frankel's stud fee set @ almost $200,000

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    to be honest that is not bad....just look at our sires over here....bernardini 150k and tapit 125k...
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    rayphil wrote: »
    to be honest that is not bad....just look at our sires over here....bernardini 150k and tapit 125k...

Those are two sires who have crop after crop of stakes winners though. Frankel, while absolutely breathtaking, is still unproven as a sire.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    thanks alot Nate, no fuckin pressure on me now!

Morse is working like a champ. We will x-ray his knees in Jan and see if they are properly closed. If so, we will continue to let him work at Aiken and see if he is the type we hope he will be, then run him at the Aiken Trials and then off to Palm Meadows with TAP. We sure hope that Tapit breeding continues to pay-off. BTW, his dam sire. Include, is having a very good breding career himself. Baring any kind of injury, we hope to have a runner this sumer!
  • THESLEWTHESLEW Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    DISCREET I am not sure how to send a private message but I would like to talk to you about discreetpicks.com. If you could please send me an instant message on this site since I am not getting my emails returned from discreetpicks. Thanks for your time.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2012
    THESLEW wrote: »
    DISCREET I am not sure how to send a private message but I would like to talk to you about discreetpicks.com. If you could please send me an instant message on this site since I am not getting my emails returned from discreetpicks. Thanks for your time.

There's nothing really to talk about. I'm not looking for any new subscribers. Thanks for the interest though.
    edited November 2012
    thanks alot Nate, no fuckin pressure on me now!

Morse is working like a champ. We will x-ray his knees in Jan and see if they are properly closed. If so, we will continue to let him work at Aiken and see if he is the type we hope he will be, then run him at the Aiken Trials and then off to Palm Meadows with TAP. We sure hope that Tapit breeding continues to pay-off. BTW, his dam sire. Include, is having a very good breding career himself. Baring any kind of injury, we hope to have a runner this sumer!

John, what's going on with Palace Malice these days?
    edited November 2012
    Palace Malice has been down at Palm Meadows for a few weeks, just galloping daily. He is slated to have his first breeze first week in December, and begin getting a tighten-down for the Fountain Of Youth. TAP still says that he is the best of the 2yo crop, and that speaks volumes after Shanghi Bobby's romp in BC, but you never know how they will come back from even a minor injury like bucked shins?
    edited November 2012
    Forgot to mention that tomorrow at Aqueduct, race 6, we will see the return of Soldat. I already sent FB and FL a line with details, but suffice to say, look-out!
  • THESLEWTHESLEW Junior Member
    edited November 2012
    Interesting but well ---ignorance for ignorance sake is arrogance. have a good day sir.
    edited November 2012
    Palace Malice has been down at Palm Meadows for a few weeks, just galloping daily. He is slated to have his first breeze first week in December, and begin getting a tighten-down for the Fountain Of Youth. TAP still says that he is the best of the 2yo crop, and that speaks volumes after Shanghi Bobby's romp in BC, but you never know how they will come back from even a minor injury like bucked shins?

Thanks. Glad to hear he's doing okay. I agree that he looked like Pletcher's best 2yo, at least heading into the Hopeful before he got sidelined. Shanhai Bobby was obviously very impressive thereafter.
    edited November 2012
    THESLEW wrote: »
    Interesting but well ---ignorance for ignorance sake is arrogance. have a good day sir.

No offense intended. I'm just thinking about closing the site soon.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    FlyinLate wrote: »
    Those are two sires who have crop after crop of stakes winners though. Frankel, while absolutely breathtaking, is still unproven as a sire.

Ill take my chances...after all you never know and we look at all the success but how all of the others...The only thing we go off of in this business is percentages..
    edited November 2012
    I think Sea The Stars has his freshman crop coming out next year, doesn't he?