NFL - Week 11

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited November 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I like the St. Louis Rams (-3.5) in football today. Think their running game is quite sharp right now, while the Jets' run defense is quite shoddy. Also think the Rams can get a good pass rush on Sanchez, who is prone to turnovers when pressured. Not much going right for the Jets right now (you'd think they would given Tebow a shot by now?), while the Rams should be playing with a lot of confidence today, back at home after a big road performance @ San Francisco last week. Hard to lay points with the Rams, but -3.5 isn't a big number and i think they have a definite edge in this spot. Expecting another solid game from Steven Jackson today.

Comments

• CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Morning Mr. Cat:

Here are some stats to back up your play: Jets as a 3.5 -9 point dog they are 2-7 ATS last 3 seasons. As a road underdog of 3.7. -7 points, they are 0-5 ATS last 3 seasons.Finally in Non-conference games last 3 seasons ATS 2-8.

I'm in on this game with you. This is a 4-star stogie play.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    with the jets being 1-3 on the road w/ sanchez completing 52% of his passes this might be a good play..My only concern is in one of these tebow is going to get in and provide a lift...

my play is the saints -6.5....after my ravens put up 55 on these raiders I think these boys are in quiting mode...saints are one of the hottest teams in the league and I think even though its on the road its going to be a blow out...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I like the St. Louis Rams (-3.5) in football today. Think their running game is quite sharp right now, while the Jets' run defense is quite shoddy. Also think the Rams can get a good pass rush on Sanchez, who is prone to turnovers when pressured. Not much going right for the Jets right now (you'd think they would given Tebow a shot by now?), while the Rams should be playing with a lot of confidence today, back at home after a big road performance @ San Francisco last week. Hard to lay points with the Rams, but -3.5 isn't a big number and i think they have a definite edge in this spot. Expecting another solid game from Steven Jackson today.

I never took you a Florida alum DC. Tebow is a retard.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Must say i was surprised by this result, especially after St. Louis jumped out to an early lead. That's what i get for laying points with the Rams, i guess.

Regarding Tebow, i've never thought that he was great or anything, but i think he's certainly decent, and i can't understand all the hate that he seems to attract (aside from the fact that he probably makes some people feel uncomfortable because of his religious views).

What's his record as a starter? Something like 10-6, with a playoff win over the Steelers? And he can't even get on the field anymore???? All the guy has ever done is win, all the way back to his college days (and probably beyond). So he's not your typical drop-back passer, so what? He seems to get the job done anyway, more often than not.

And what do the Jets have to lose??? They're not going anywhere anyway, and i think we can all agree that Sanchez is pretty bad. Why not give Tebow a shot and see if maybe he can turn the team around (like he did in Denver last year)? If it doesn't work, so what? They're no worse off than they were before...

PS - I thought it was funny this past week when an unnamed Jets teammate said that "Tebow is terrible" and "Nobody wants him starting", considering that Tebow beat the Jets last year. I guess they already forgot about that, lol.
    edited November 2012
    Must say i was surprised by this result, especially after St. Louis jumped out to an early lead. That's what i get for laying points with the Rams, i guess.

Regarding Tebow, i've never thought that he was great or anything, but i think he's certainly decent, and i can't understand all the hate that he seems to attract (aside from the fact that he probably makes some people feel uncomfortable because of his religious views).

What's his record as a starter? Something like 10-6, with a playoff win over the Steelers? And he can't even get on the field anymore???? All the guy has ever done is win, all the way back to his college days (and probably beyond). So he's not your typical drop-back passer, so what? He seems to get the job done anyway, more often than not.

And what do the Jets have to lose??? They're not going anywhere anyway, and i think we can all agree that Sanchez is pretty bad. Why not give Tebow a shot and see if maybe he can turn the team around (like he did in Denver last year)? If it doesn't work, so what? They're no worse off than they were before...

PS - I thought it was funny this past week when an unnamed Jets teammate said that "Tebow is terrible" and "Nobody wants him starting", considering that Tebow beat the Jets last year. I guess they already forgot about that, lol.

I respect your opinion quite a bit DC, but not here. However, he could be like a horse who works horribly in the AM, but shows up at the race.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I have no idea why the Jets even brought him in to begin with. Just a publicity stunt, to sell some season tickets???
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree with DC here. If you weren't going to use him, why trade for him.
    I understand Sanchez was signed to a big extension, but at this point, with your season already in the shitter, give the kid a shot. He did nothing but win games in Denver, regardless of the fashion it was done in.

And then there are the people that say, well when Tebow is in for his few snaps he doesn't do anything....NO KIDDING.
    The guy comes out on the field and defenses know exactly what is going to happen. Is Tebow the most skilled quarterback? Absolutely not. But the kid wins games, something Sanchez doesnt.
    If you play him for two weeks and he gets creamed, at the very least, the organization can say the problems weren't at QB and they made the right move with extending Sanchez and they can get to work in the offseason. Its getting boring seeing Tebow on the bench and a lackluster QB getting all the snaps.

I said it from the beginning, Jacksonville needed to pull the trigger right away and sign him as a QB1. Gabbert goes down and they nearly beat the Texans. With Tebow running the offense there, Jacksonville could do two things they aren't used to, fill the stadium and win some games.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I never had a problem with Tebow as a man because even though I'm pretty much atheist, I always respected the fact that in his post game interviews he always thanked "MY lord, Jesus Christ," rather than "THE lord."

But I really don't like how he tweeted on election day that the democrats had an early lead because "people hadn't gotten out of work yet." That was ignorant and stereotypical, and now I hope they take his knee out. Or maybe not because he'll end up being Governor of Florida.

Anyway, he is a below average quarterback, but Sanchez has been terrible and I'm surprised the Jets didn't make the switch.
    edited November 2012
    I think he should maintain NCAA eligibility until he loses his virginity. It's the perfect place. Let him keep playing at Florida, or with Ohio State.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    This Tebow thing has gotten out-of-hand!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I was there Sunday and I can tell you that Tebow has no future with the JETS, or in the NFL, but he certainly has a future as the next Billy Graham, or Elmer Gantry?
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    He'll be a senator or governor before too long. Just what we need - another fruitcake creationist in office.