Kentucky Derby Future Wager (Pool One)

2»

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Demonic, a horse several of us liked, and a valuable member of team 24, will miss the San Felipe with a foot bruise.
    edited February 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Great day for team 24. Two unlisted horses get a bulk of the points. Violence gets exposed - if you took 12-1 you're fucked. Palice Malice moves to front of Pletcher's class with Verrazano. Code West galloped out well too.

And now he's 12-1 to even set foot on a track again.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Demonic, a horse several of us liked, and a valuable member of team 24, will miss the San Felipe with a foot bruise.

That may be it for his Derby chances. He kind of was behind the 8-ball already. Not a whole lot of time left, and he only has the one start.
    edited February 2013
    That may be it for his Derby chances. He kind of was behind the 8-ball already. Not a whole lot of time left, and he only has the one start.

Agreed. What's the name of the Eddie K colt I like? Honorable something... I think he's shipping to NY for the Gotham.
    edited February 2013
    And now he's 12-1 to even set foot on a track again.

He's retired BTW, if you took the 12-1 to return to the track.
    edited February 2013
    New top ten. Points followed by Graded Earnings.

1 Ive Struck A Nerve Keith Desormeaux 51 $268,000
    2 Orb Shug McGaughey III 50 $240,000
    3 Violence Todd Pletcher 30 $575,000
    4 Shanghai Bobby Todd Pletcher 24 $1,731,000
    5 Goldencents Doug O'Neill 24 $740,000
    6 Code West Bob Baffert 20 $80,000
    7 Oxbow D. Wayne Lukas 16 $196,000
    8 Speak Logistics Eddie Plesa Jr. 11 $52,000
    9 Itsmyluckyday Eddie Plesa, Jr. 10 $393,600
    10 Overanalyze Todd Pletcher 10 $296,381
    edited February 2013
    Pool 2 was revealed today. Palace Malice is listed, as is Shakin it Up.

DC you can make this a new thread or we can bullshit here.
  • thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    honorable Dillon if that's the horse you were referring too
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Palace Malice is 30-1

I might as well throw in another couple of dollars! But I'll wait till Sunday. Dirty, I like you're thinking. Team 24 in the first pool and PM in the 2nd @ 30-1
    edited February 2013
    Palace Malice is 30-1

I might as well throw in another couple of dollars! But I'll wait till Sunday. Dirty, I like you're thinking. Team 24 in the first pool and PM in the 2nd @ 30-1

If this one gets slept on for the fillies:

11. Midnight Lucky, 12-1
    Horrible line, but at least you're talking about an actual race (the OAKS), not the crap shoot (with new rules) that is the DERBY.

I'm gonna bet #24 for the colts again @ 7/2 or better. Maybe even 5/2 after I do some math (I can). I'm still taking my flyer on Shakin' It Up.
    edited February 2013
    And actually, this wager is late March. Midnight Lucky needs to find trouble or run poorly in her allowance race before then to get a price. IMO she'll crush and be 6-1 (Not really, but you know what I mean).
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013

Demonic back on the worktab today........here's hoping.
    edited April 2013
    Field is 6/5. But again, to put this in persective - Shanghai Bobby (2yo champ) only has 24 points (he's the leader). That means with 1,200 more points up for grabs, this list of 23 is shit.

I'm gonna bet 5k FIELD @EVEN money or better on Sunday, and sort it out later.

Spot on about the prospect of this bet.

We've gotten (only a little) unlucky IMO, but I think 3 or 5 Monsters will step up, and we'll still have half the gate @ 8/5. Despite my positive outlook, I'm much happier about not betting 5k (although, on the same premise, it bears watching at 5/2 next year if it loses this year).

I'm mildly interested by my Midnight Lucky @ 16-1
    And my Palace Malice @ 40 something to 1. IMO It's a bit telling he rides PM over Footbridge. Really hoping Malice has an easy race, and come out raging for more.