Tampa Bay Derby

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Who do we like here?

Team 24 wants to see Verrazano run up the track, but he looks tough. Overbet, for sure.

Both Sky horses are Pool 1 listed, so we wouldn't mind a flop there.

That leaves me with Honorable Dillion. He might not be good enough, but I love his style and his try. Small bet only.

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    What about The Purple Egg?
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    BIG UPSET HERE...#1 ZITO/BRAVO...also 156 boxes in exotics
    w2w
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    4- Java's War - his last two works says he sitting on a REALLY big race. Love they go to Willie.
    This son of War Pass gets them all in the last 1/16.
  • FlyinLateFlyinLate Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    If the betting pans out the way I'm expecting, I'll likely skip the betting aspect and just watch.
    I'm predicting Verrazano in the 1/5 to 2/5 range.

If I get the morning line on Verrazano, I'll bite (I'm not holding my breath this happens).

If Verrazano gets absolutely crushed down to heavy 1/5 to 1/9 action, I may follow suit and place small wagers on Honorable Dillon and Purple Egg. There are enough possible negatives to cast against Verrazano to warrant a bet against.
    #1 - First time two turns
    #2 - He hasn't faced much
    #3 - Its Tampa Bay Downs and there are certain horses that simply DO NOT like this track. I can think of a handful of good horses that have shipped here and simply refused to fire.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    If my horse breaks better he catches Verrazano, but I still had exacta and Tri and super....
    Also place and show money....so overall a profitable race...

Watch the replay, a clean break and well....